Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Zoom H4 Pro recorder

The Pro features the same high performance, low-noise mic preamps as our acclaimed Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, with recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.

• XLR (balanced input) / standard phone (unbalanced input) combo jack,
      • Input impedance:
      • (Using balanced input) 3 kΩ or more, pin 2 hot
      • (Using unbalanced input) 470 kΩ or more
      • Input gain:
      • (Using balanced input) −16 dB to +43 dB
      • (Using unbalanced input) -30 dB to +32 dB
    • Built-in stereo mic:
      • Unidirectional condenser microphone
      • Sensitivity: -45 dB/1 Pa at 1 kHz
      • Input gain: -16 dB to +51 dB
      • Maximum sound pressure input: 140 dB SPL
    • External mic:
      • Mini stereo phone jack
      • Input impedance: 2 kΩ or more
      • Input gain: - 16 dB to +51 dB
    • Line/phone output
      • LINE Output load impedance: 10 kΩ or more
      • LINE rated output level: -10 dBu
      • PHONE: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)

https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/field-video-recording/field-recording/zoom-h4n-pro-handy-recorder

img489.jpg
    800 x 367 - 39K
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • Hmmm interesting. I wonder who would buy this over the current H5 and H6, beside the cheaper price. I owned the original H4n and didn't care for it. Sold it and now I have the Tascam DR-70D and couldn't be happier.

• Lots of people seem to want the more flexible overdubbing features of the H4n compared to the H5/H6.

Fran

• Ah didn't know the H5/H6 don't have those features. Never used those features on the old H4n but I'm sure other people will.

• @LiquidAlpinist I purchased an H4n and sold it the same week. The preamp on it is a bit more weak than the one on a Tascam. I'm currently waiting for my DR-40 to arrive, but so far (comparing the H2 to the DR-05) I really prefer the Tascam over the Zoom models.