Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Nvidia GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 soon

Some more stuff

• 7680x4320@60Hz support
    • HDMI 2.0b interface with HDCP 2.2
    • Displayport 1.4
    • 180 W max consumption
    img320.jpg
    800 x 507 - 48K
    img321.jpg
    408 x 246 - 11K
    img322.jpg
    390 x 241 - 13K
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • Thinking of upgrading the 1060 mini (which does good job in resolve) to new 1080 TI , but is it best to wait a bit to see what the AMD Vega will offer? Mainly for Davinci resolve work.

• When I use NeatVideo I mostly see my GPU spike crazy! (In the GPU iStat menu anyway)

• Do you mean the optimize output that is in the screenshots attached to my comment or is there a different function as well?

• You know that Neatvideo has an optimizing function, do you?

• My 1080 FE showed up yesterday (FE only because it was the one that was in stock the day I looked). It seems to be 40-50% faster for Neat Video than the 970 that it replaced... which is to say still not very usable for preview in 4K/32bpp. :)

Also, with it there's very little difference in Neat Video with any number of CPU cores also exercising at the same time - might as well just go GPU-only for it.

neat_video_benchmark_970.png
    407 x 342 - 17K
    neat_video_benchmark_1080.png
    486 x 387 - 18K
  • Got the 1980 MSI Gaming X today. Great for Multicam editing in Premiere

• Microcenter was getting in a few each day. You had to go there and ask.

• @Jspatz Where did you order yours seems to be sold out..

• Generally, playback less than full would be improved as well as render operations. For example, a clip with looks cosmo applied used to render at 3.5-4 fps now goes 4.5-5. Threshhold smooth playback might become totally smoothe. All operations in the standard candle benchmark are faster. You could live without it if you already have a 980ti or titan but it is nice to have. It seems to suck up every last bit of PCI bus bandwidth on my x79.

• @Jspatz

In what aspects if Davinci it is important?

For example, if you have just few nodes with color grading (global and attached to areas), will it help?

• About 33% faster than 980ti but only after I removed other pci card, intensity pro 4K.

• Anyone already got 1080? Interesting how much better it is in Davinci.

• I don't disagree. That being said it's what the market will bare. As long as the strategy works and people have and are eager to throw there money at them it will not change. I hope there are not to many willing participants those of us with more modest expendable cash must prudently wait : )

• With top CPUs and GPUs such approach works worse each year. Discounts will be present, but small, and usually more than 6 months after introduction.

• This one is easy if you don't want to pay top dollar just wait. Your best prices will come later just like with cameras.

• but nvidia charging an extra $100 for the lame "founders edition" aka early adopter tax, is bullshit.

Everything in capitalism sells for profit, and not just profit, but maximally possible profit.

• These appear to be really fantastic cards but nvidia charging an extra $100 for the lame "founders edition" aka early adopter tax, is bullshit.

• they'd have serious anti-trust cases against them

What is exactly "serious anti-trust case" in capitalism? Like Microsoft had? Tail that wags the dog?

• Both Intel and nVidia have good reason not to let AMD die - they'd have serious anti-trust cases against them if there was no competitor anymore. An AMD that is just "lagging behind" a little bit is exactly what Intel and nVidia need.

• AMD is lagging.

If not game consoles they could be dead already.

They have something common with cameras.

img430.jpg
    772 x 456 - 43K
  • Pretty impressive performance over the GTX980/980TI... http://www.anandtech.com/show/10326/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-preview/2

• I'm running GTX 970 right now with 2 4K monitors. How significant of an upgrade would it be to go from the 970 to 1070?

• Lots of 1080 reviews today.

below are video encoding/decoding specs

img387.jpg
    638 x 507 - 61K