Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Nvidia GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 soon
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • My 1080 FE showed up yesterday (FE only because it was the one that was in stock the day I looked). It seems to be 40-50% faster for Neat Video than the 970 that it replaced... which is to say still not very usable for preview in 4K/32bpp. :)

Also, with it there's very little difference in Neat Video with any number of CPU cores also exercising at the same time - might as well just go GPU-only for it.

neat_video_benchmark_970.png
    407 x 342 - 17K
    neat_video_benchmark_1080.png
    486 x 387 - 18K
  • You know that Neatvideo has an optimizing function, do you?

• Do you mean the optimize output that is in the screenshots attached to my comment or is there a different function as well?

• When I use NeatVideo I mostly see my GPU spike crazy! (In the GPU iStat menu anyway)

• Thinking of upgrading the 1060 mini (which does good job in resolve) to new 1080 TI , but is it best to wait a bit to see what the AMD Vega will offer? Mainly for Davinci resolve work.