Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official TZ10 Hack Project Discussion
  • 134 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks for your support. Now I got a good point to start with... test results will follow!
  • Yes I think thats what Vitaliy was trying to say. Even then not all GH1 settings will work, but I'd venture to say a lot of them will, and loading the GH1 ini files is a good start. It's cool that the TZ10 can be hacked now, but I don't think a lot of testing has gone into it yet, so you might have to experiment a little. Good luck.
  • Ok, I have no experience with GH1 whatsoever, so would it be wise to use GH1 .ini files? or at least study their settings?
  • I think what Vitaliy was saying is the settings on this camera are similar to the setting on the GH1 and not the GH2. The GH2 is a different beast all together and the GH2 setting work differently than the other cameras.
  • @Brian202020
    Thanks for your help.
    Yes I have public firmware: TZ10_V12. I did some settings and loaded saved .bin file in camera. So far so good. But see not so much of a difference in Quality. Maybe I just need to do different settings( trial and error)? I am a little bit confused by earlier reply by Vitaly that I have to use GH1 hack instead of GH2.

edit: I will do some tests tonight and add some Streamparser pics. Maybe then it makes more sense!
  • I don't own this camera, so I don't know a lot about what settings work and don't. You'll also need the public firmware, do you have that?
  • @Brian202020
    Thanks for you reply. Where can I find these .ini files? I want to do some test with the TZ 10 but see not much of a difference at this moment.
  • @Gerondo
    You use the same ptools you have (3.62d) you just use different patches (ini files).
  • Sorry to bother, but where can I find GH1 hacks? All I can find is the 3.62d version
  • Ah! Thanks. On my way : )
  • @Gerondo

You need to use GH1 hacks, not GH2 ones :-)
    And it behaves differently to GH2.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

>How about try first, before asking question :-) ?

bought a tz10 today and applied hack but I see no difference in quality at all. All I did was choose version increment and avchd compression bitrate SH 32000000 and overall bitrate of 52000000. Maybe I did something wrong, but I have experience with GH2 Hack (which is awesome, thank you so much for that!) so I do not understand. Please help
  • LX5 Firmware update tomorrow! It is going to be a BIG one they say!!

Anyone know of what this is about
  • Thanks Vitaliy. Big thanks to you and others for doing this work. Am about to take the plunge myself for the first time with the hack - got my GH2 yesterday. Can I ask you - first I tried to open my saved Firmware update file (created with your PTool3) in the PTool3 app - but it won't do that because it's an already patched file. So if I want to get back to factory default firmware, do I open the original firmware in Ptool3 and then save out as a new version to load into the camera? Is that how it's done? Why can't we open saved patch files to edit and save out from that?

• @burgor57
    "tz10 firmware", Google, first result.
  • Hey - just got a GH2 so I can apply your amazing hack (waiting for fast SD card to arrive). Seen some amazing results on Vimeo. But now I see I can tdo the same for my TZ10. Awesome! Just donated more money. Where can I get the TZ10 base firmware - there has to a be a link here somewhere? Thanks
  • Mm ok that's the best way, but I don't need a great result, I need it decent.
    As I know, listening to my video, there's a limiter/compressor and this should be set in some way. I don't know if this is something you can set in firmware or it's hardly coded somewhere else, audio chip and similar.
  • >We need of more compression in a louder volume scenario (like concerts).

You need proper external recorder, believe me.
  • Great job man!

Would be really nice if you can set better value of dynamic audio compression. I'm not talking about codecs, but this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression
    If you recorded a video in a rock gig with TZ10 you know it. Audio sounds distorted and compression or volume limiter works wrong. We need of more compression in a louder volume scenario (like concerts).

Thanks for your work!
  • @Gerondo

How about try first, before asking question :-) ?
  • Hi there,

First of all thanks for the hack! I want to buy a tz10 today and do some tests. Question: can I use Ptool 3.62d for the tz10 or do i need to use 3.60?

Thanks!

• Hi guys,

Just v quickly been researching a problem and came across this site.

I bought a TZ20 and on holiday got it a bit wet - after drying it out completely, it did seem to work fine for a bit but now I am getting the "this battery cannot be used" msg. The battery seems fine, as it turns the camera on fine etc etc, but from research looks like the ID of the battery may have failed or the sensor in the camera has.

I will be taking the camera back etc etc, but in the mean time wanted to find out if the TZ20 has been hacked? I am guessing not as I cannot find a topic on this here?

I guess if the firmware is hackable, the check should be able to be skipped?

Many thanks
  • Worked like a charm, my Japanese TZ10 now has English, perfect.

But did you have to use delphi, it is a real pain to trace :)
  • @underwater

May be TS3 in the future, if enough people will be interested.