Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
"THE PATCH" - for GH2 Hack - Developed by APEFOS
  • 128 Replies sorted by
  • I am lazy to work more for this patch. my tests shows that it is already good to me.

• I have been a lurker in the world of hacked GH2 for close to 3 years now. I've been studying the drewnetwork approach to Hacked GH2, filling notebooks with notes. It's all been theoretical, though. I've owned GH2 cameras for a few years now and I've never hacked them. Back in late 2011, as a camera noob, I decided to get to know how to use a stock camera first. Also, I didn't have any projects or deadlines or proper motivation to get me off my butt and get hacking. I was worried about working with big file sizes too. I didn't have a proper editing machine before about a month ago. Bla... Bla... Bla. There's so much I'd like to say right now, but I'm going to try and restrain myself.

I never would have guessed that after having Drew as my unofficial Hacked GH2 mentor for so long that I would have tried anything other than a Nick Driftwood hack first. I found @apefos by accident and I started reading his various posts. I was intimidated, so I kept trying to read enough background info so that I could comprehend him. I shot my first big project ever this weekend. A wedding. I had my wife's 6D with a 50mm 1.8, and 2 vanilla GH2s with Nikkor AI primes. I was devastated when I started trying to match them and saw how much the Canon put my stock GH2s to shame with depth of field, color vibrance and low-light performance. I was starting to re-think years of research. So, I finally bit the bullet and hacked my GH2. I used the latest iteration of "The End" as my first hack ever.

I was so blown away by the difference in performance that it prompted me to stop everything and jump on to this forum. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Thank you to @Vitaliy_Kiselev @driftwood @LPowell and of course to @apefos. I'm unemployed right now and I've never made a penny off with video or photo work, but I am going to find a way to contribute to this forum. Perhaps I can sell one of my kidneys. Thank you to the PV community!