Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Xiaomi Yi Action Camera
    • Ambarella A7LS image processor
    • 16 megapixel Sony Exmor R BSI CMOSsensor
    • F2.8 155 ° super wide-angle lens
    • Three-axis gravity sensor
    • 1080P 60fps/ 1080P 48fps / 1080P 30fps / 1080P 24fps / 960P 60fps / 960P 48fps / 720P 120fps / 720P 60fps / 720P 48fps / 480P 240fps
    • Audio - Dual-channel, 96KHz sampling, 92dBA SNR.
    • Photo - 4608×3456 maximum resolution
    • Time lapse - 0.5S / 1S / 2S 5S / 10S / 30S / 60S
    • $64 price in china, slightly higher in their international shop

http://www.xiaomishop.com/234-original-xiaomi-yi-sports-camera-.html

• 122 Replies sorted by
  • Yi Gimbal

• So has anybody refocused one of these lenses so it can shoot macro? I need a small macro camera to stick down a hole and wan to know if this will do the trick before I buy one. Thanks

• I had a tough day out filming with it today ;-)

• True true, at least it got smaller, and not larger. So very small amount of padding might make it work.

Hmmm.... tricky tricky, go for International version (costs more too!) or the original standard version.

• Now I can't use the international Xiaomi Yi in 3D printed designs for a 360 video rig like I'd planned to do

Why not edit slightly this designs? Or just add some small padding (as size is smaller).

• From banggood:

Black/international 60.4mm×42mm×21.2mm

Xiaomi "STD" Z23 61 x 22 x 42 mm

They're different??? That is INSANE :-(

Now I can't use the international Xiaomi Yi in 3D printed designs for a 360 video rig like I'd planned to do.

• About to buy more.... about half a dozen Xiaomi Yi cameras, I know there are a few slight variations of XiaoMi Yi which are out now, and as it is very important I get six identical ones (because will be used for 360 video) am wondering which is the best Xiaomi Yi camera variant to go with?

• Xiao Yi are targeting users who want to keep video evidence of their road trips

Well, not so bad :-)

Camera comes with a wide 165 degree lens, and a larger F1.8 aperture

Such things are popular in China and Russia. Features are pretty standard. Mine older one also shoots more than 1080p and has very wide lens.

• Version 2 is announced: http://www.gizchina.com/2015/11/23/2nd-geo-xiao-yi-camera-gets-driver-specific-adas-features/

Just my luck.... had only recently (hasn't even arrived yet!) purchased a Xiaomi Yi and a new one gets announced at an even lower price than I paid!

• I haven't bought a drone yet, but this is interesting

• @mrbill @IronFilm Please share your experiences using this cam on a drone. Hopefully its a drop-in replacement on the drone + gimbal combo meant for GoPros (maybe H3-3d with DJI)

• Can add myself to the list of owners! Got one from Banggood during the 11/11 sale.

And yes mrbill, I plan on using this on my drone.

• Anybody using a gimbal (like the lanparte go pro one) successfully with this camera?

• I just found out it's the same sensor as the gopro3 - that makes me want to buy even more of them. Love to have a pro tune type codec on these little fellers

• Im going to use it for stills (RAW) on drone when need it

• Extended batteries, lcd backpacks and waterproof cases to house these larger dimensions just released...

• Anybody using this camera on a drone?

• https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xiaomi-yi-custom-firmware-with-lastest-revision.13557/

With this firmware and a Samsung 95mbs 64gb card, I'm finally getting results. The root of the problem seemed to be my Sandisk 95mbs 64gb card - I would advise avoiding

• I can't seem to find a stable high bit rate for this camera. I'd like to use it for long unattended shooting, but any more than 4 clips, and new footage is corrupt. Bit rate also decreases for each clip. I'm using a fast Sandisk 64gb card. Any help would be much appreciated - it's a 22 serial number.

• New firmware

• Added Photos folder while taking photo in time-lapse and Burst mode;
    • Optimized the power-svaing mode, in order to increase the camera working time;
    • Optimized the hint sound and LED light, helping to recognize the camera’s status;
    • Optimized the experience of loop video record while SD-Card is full;
    • Fixed no response while controlling Camera via APP;
    • Fixed the image reveral setting don’t take effect while recording video in time-lapse mode;
    • Fixed no preview video in app after reconnecting camera;
    • Fixed duration difference between preview video and the actual video file in time-lapse mode;

http://www.xiaoyi.com/update/sports?lang=es-es

• Stock bitrate for 2K is poor - 15Mbps. FHD at High Quality 15-25Mbps, as far as I can remember...