Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X Series 4:│Moon T8│Spizz T7
  • Yes, Ive been away... Apologies for this delay.

DRIFTWOOD 'moon T8' - 23.976p/29.97p/ 59.94p After interpreting some of the GH4 stuff in mp4 files AVCHD, and fine tuning the matrices, lowering the GOP Related stuff (to achieve more power in non death chart situations and subsequent higher bitrates) this setting should achieve better IQ with a stronger matrix to knock out any artefacting that people may be suffering with moon T7 on HBR/50p/60p modes.

Subsequently, you get a finer low frequency matrix that strives to knock out artefacting at the expense of QP and higher bitrates.

Ive settled on a QP rate control centre point of Q14 and the matrix adapted from the GH4 and improved has been tweaked to the max. However, its untested outside of me and needs your input.

Let me know how you get on.

Peak bitrates for all modes means only the best SD cards should be used. I doubt this will work in iA modes and iDynamic.

140Mbps to 148Mbps Intra 24p 52Mbps to 68Mbps 720p Upto 88+Mbps FSH/HBR

This is a TEST and report back setting!

Just Released: 5th Aug 2014 - Driftwood Spizz T7 - The Comfortable Setting!

101 Mbps Max 23.97fps(24p) 50Mbps Min-80Mbps Max 25p/30p 50Mbps Min-77Mbps Max 50p/60p

Very good IQ. Check it.

Driftwood Moon T8 INTRA.zip
    Driftwood Spizz T7 - 3 GOP 24p-25p-30p and 6 GOP 50p-60p .zip
  • 691 Replies sorted by
  • Hi! I need some help guys! I just hacked my GH2! It’s amazing! But Does removing my battery without having the clock battery charged make it reset the hack?

• - 函館市 Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido, Japan -
    Shot on ' Lumix GH2 + Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH. POWER OIS Lens ' [with Driftwood Moon T8 24L]

recorded a short video from my last trip to Japan. Nocticron is also my favorite lens in Lumix. The picture profile setting was set to cinema all-2

※ The moon t8 boasts good quality enough even if it is set to 24L.

• Just an Onn (basically rebranded PNY stuff) 64GB class 10, U3, 100MB/s card bought at Wal-Mart. Nothing fancy,

• TreyM What card are you using?

• Spanning works fine on Moon T8 for me. I'm almost certain it has to do with how fast your SD card is as to whether you can span at these high bitrates.

• AFAIK Moon T8 won't span after the 4gb limit? Is Driftwood SPACE is still the most recommended patch for long documentary shooting with AF?

• New thread here (concerning my noise profiles)

Custom GH2 Neat Video Profiles

• Excellent. I suppose I can get started making that tonight. Cheers. :)

Edit: I created another profile set for Ex Tele mode for 24H. I'll see about getting them uploaded soon. (also, perhaps I should just make a new thread for this subject...)

• Yes please! Definitely interested.

• I know the GH2 might as well be dead in 2020, but if anyone is interested, I may make some video tutorials on how I made the profiles and how I use them in production.

• Hi everyone, I spent a few hours over the past two days creating some Neat Video noise profiles for the GH2 running Moon T8. Currently, I have only created profiles for the 24H, 24L, and 720p60 SH settings, and I use Neat Video version 4. I'm not sure if these profiles will work on other versions, but they may.

I created a profile for each ISO setting, including secondary settings for the ISO bugged modes (up to 2500 ISO for those) ("clean" is normal, "dirty" is with the bug in case you forget to fix the problem and shoot with the ISO bug)

These profiles were created using the Smooth film mode at -2 -2 -2 -2, though they will probably still work with other modes. What is being picked up here is mostly sensor ISO noise since Moon T8's bitrate is so high.

The end result is that I have been able to recover about 1 - 1.5 stops of extra detail in the shadows on my shots as opposed to it looking like a total mess of noise. If you shoot at crazy high ISO settings, it can't make a shot at 12,800 ISO look like 200 ISO, but as long as your footage is reasonable, you can greatly expand the usable dynamic range of the camera and color grading is that much better.

These profiles should be used FIRST before doing any other processing such as grading, sharpening, scaling, or color correction. Etc...

The 1080p24 profiles seem to work fine on footage shot in variable mode, for example, if you use the 80% mode for slight slow motion.

Here is a link to an Imgur gallery showing what the profiles are capable of: Gallery

Download links:

1080p24 24H

1080p24 24L

720p60 SH

• Hi @jimbo1169. Thank you for sharing your experience with the "Space" patch.

• Almost couldn't believe what was going on, I have not have much chance to play with the GH2 for a good while as most of the high quality hack settings would freeze and break the recording in the first two seconds with my crappy SD card. So long story short, bought a Sigma 18-35mm, so I found myself the excuse to play around with it again, loaded up Moon T8, thinking it would probably not work just like it did a few years ago, to my unsurprise, it failed just the same, no matter what mode, SH, FSH, 24L, 24H, HBR, all failed spectacularly with my years old 64GB PNY card.

But this time, I did something different, I tried to record a small (MJPEG) file first, sometimes it would throw me a card writing error message, sometimes not. However, subsequent to that MJPEG recording, all other modes has been pretty rock steady to me so far, I am talking 24H, 24L, SH, FSH for the freaking 150Mbit Driftwood Moon T8!!! All the way to the noise galore of ISO12800. Damn son :)

Admittedly, my own testing is not exhaustive, and you mileage may vary, but for those who gave up trying because of the crappy SD card you have years ago, give it a whirl, and have fun ;)

• ok friend thanks for the advice, however I tried this morning to record with the new sandisk 64 gb class 10 U3 170 MB / s and everything works beautifully no problem all solved. thanks again for your help, bye.

• Jessy, the topic of SD cards was widely discussed in the past, during the good old GH2 glory days. I guess most people moved to other cameras/newer models since then (I still use mine :D)

You need to dig through old threads that discussed that ad nauseum. There were lots of variations of Sandisk cards, some worked perfectly, some not so much. Personally, I still use the original Sandisk Extreme (30MB) cards with my GH2 (that I got with the camera back in 2012/13) and they work great with most patches (Moon T8 included). Another factor that will influence the card performance is what glass (manual vs. af) and which automatic incamera functions (af, idynamic, etc.) you use.

• in what sense is more reliable, for what reason? thank you

• I found Moon T7 to be more reliable than Moon T8.

• can nobody help me? thank you

• Hi everyone today I recorded some video images, but I had a problem, with images longer than 15 seconds, the recording is interrupted and a message appears "recording interrupted due to problems with the reading speed of the SDHC card" I have a Sandisk class 10 and 32 GB and the reading of 95 MB / s and with the movement of the flow v2 has always worked without problems.

What kind of video card also of other brands I recommend to buy? thank you

• Thanks my friend following your advice and tutorial I managed to install Luna T8. It works perfectly with my gh2 I still thank you very much good day. Hello

• PM me if you want an instructional video.

• sorry, where can I find the guide to install this Driftwood's hack on my gh2? I'm nostalgic and I would like to change my flow motion v2 with this hack, is it possible? thank you