Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 2
  • 1022 Replies sorted by
  • @TrackZillas

What lens did you use?
  • @ignatius

Too much noise reduction on the sweater but other than that your edited pic looks quite impressive.
    What exactly did you despite Denoiser? How did you rebalance the lighting and lift the shadows?
    Simple curves work?
  • @Amadeus5D2 Studio is in Stamford Connecticut..
  • @ignatius nicely done... yeah I know the blue channel is a bit noisy :( never used magic bullet denoiser gonna give it a run than for my next video.
  • @TrackZillas where is you video?
  • @TrackZilla

I had a little play with one of your .png's (hope you don't mind). I wanted to see noise, particularly in the blue channel, to see if it compared with my experiences with reAQuainted. There is a lot of noise, but it cleans up nicely with magic bullet denoiser. I've added some post grain, lifted the shadows a bit and generally tried to rebalance lighting. I'm an amateur, so go easy.

All the best
    TrackZilla_00000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @proaudio4
    Since I tested outdoor, I report a result.
    The first screen shot is in 24p.
    The second one is in 30p. It seems that 30p can be used by less than ISO800.
    The third one is with ISO160. (It can be looked in vimeo)
    The fourth one is with ISO3200.
    Since it seems that this thread does not finish yet, I stick a latest patch also here for a sense.
    Stray's chart test result is here
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/22506#Comment_22506
    q15leaves_24p_iso3200_ss2000.JPG
    1296 x 633 - 202K
    q15leaves_30p_iso800.JPG
    1295 x 631 - 195K
    q15trees_iso160.JPG
    1297 x 635 - 198K
    q15trees_iso3200.JPG
    1295 x 631 - 191K
    seti.zip
    562B
  • @PerryWilson, @mistan, @driftwood check out the vid that I pulled the stills from
  • @mistan this little cam is really here to stay, I'm about to buy another one just in case I can't find them anymore lol... I can tell you right now your camera is fine just gotta tweak with the settings.
  • @PerryWilson Ooh forgot yeah reAquainted this patch makes my GH2 Sing lol...
  • @PerryWilson yeah Perry the GH2 is ready for the big boys I'm cooking-up some settings for night and day shoots..
  • Wow @TrackZillas
    That makes my GH2 look defective
  • Tried out my HYBRID C_Brandin's 720p meets the GOP1 176 driftwood (ReAQuainted)patch today tonight with mixed results...I noticed that in FCP7 the 32MB 720p stuff showed a Prores HQ bitrate of 25-26MB and the 1080p 24 was all showing 20.07 or 20.04...strange....is that because of the increased amount of frame information in 60p vs 24p?
  • @TrackZillas BTW what patch were those on? reAQuainted?
  • @TrackZillas great shots man, I love the ability to pull stills from GH2 Video
  • Hey guy's I just finished a quick test with the GH2, uploading to youtube right now man the GH2 is a monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the level of detail after I compressed it out of premiere still is intact even after youtube compression it will still hold. I can't believe what I'm seeing for real, we have a true movie making machine in our hands Let's make the best out of it. Thank you soo much @Vitaliy_Kiselev, @driftwood and all others for your efforts for making the GH2 what it is now. Donation Time lol...
    Some Snapshots samples of the QuickTime File after being compressed out of Premiere Pro CS5 for delivery on youtube. Tell me if that's not impressive guy's I still can't believe what I'm seeing coming out of a $800 camera WOW!!!!
    vlcsnap-2011-10-27-18h43m25s172.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    vlcsnap-2011-10-27-18h43m43s106.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    vlcsnap-2011-10-27-18h43m58s0.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • HillTop1: no, I haven't.. Once I figure out some good way to put it to use I will. :)
  • @HillTop1 and others wanting to shoot slow motion, I believe a patch before reAQuainted had stable high bit rate low GOP 720p60 settings. Just go back in the thread a bit and you should be able to find it.
  • I second HillTops request regarding a Aquamotion and reAQuainted combined patchs
  • @RRRR thanks, did you tried it yet?
    @driftwood, is there a combination of your Aquamotion and reAQuainted patchs together or I just have to be swapping patches via sd card?
  • @atticusd

No, the other two pics were not EX tele. I've read about that ISO anomaly, but have to confess I can't remember if I got to ISO 320 from ISO 400. Probably not in this case. I should stop being lazy and flash the original firmware and compare...

Many thanks
  • @HillTop1, look above - driftwood posted a comment with a link to the aquamotion patch - which is designed for 80% shooting.
  • @driftwood, any led way on a slow mo patch that works? I am shoot some stuff next weekend in a boxing gym, will love to have something that I can get some good slow mo shuts
    Any one find/have something that works?

Thanks.
  • @ignatius

I haven't yet tried reAQuainted but some ISOs on the GH2 (320 included) seem to be buggy (http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1280/gh2-iso-noise-bug-at-320-640-and-1250). If you get there from the immediate upper ISO level (400 in this case) there seems to be no problem. Get there from another ISO and then: Ugly Noise galore! EX tele is sampling the central part of the sensor making things even worse. This could well explain the bands of noise in the cup. Are the other two pics (the ones on your previous post) taken from an EX tele shoot as well?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions