Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Nikon new mirrorless cameras V1 and J1
  • 80 Replies sorted by
  • Under video it doesn't have a 24p option and that "motion snapshot" looks like a gimmick. It doesn't say how long you can record like that, I suspect motion snapshot time will be SECONDS not minutes.

Why are camera makers not putting 24p on EVERY cam they have that shoots video? I'll never buy a cam that doesn't shoot 24p. The new Canon A1200 shoots 720p at 24fps at 20+mb bitrate and costs $100. I almost bought that until the GH1 went closeout under $400.

I'm so tired of waiting for the enthusiast community to make compromised equipment better.
  • According to the specs:

Motion Snapshot mode - 1,920 X 1,080/ 60p(59.94fps)(plays at 24p/ 23.976fps)

Nikon 1 Mount Adapter FT1:
    Using a mount adapter, you can still take advantage of the power of expression
    of your existing F mount NIKKOR lenses. It is also compatible with AE/AF
    and VR. You can also experience "Motion Snapshot", a new form of visual
    expression unique to Nikon 1.

DX format lenses of the F mount NIKKOR lens series are also compatible with the Mount Adapter FT1. IX lenses and F3AF lenses may not be used with the Mount Adapter FT1.
  • No 50i 25p, only 60i 30p video. There is a market besides Japan and US. It's the same with Olympus with their PEN camera's.
  • 1/16000 shutter is also nice.
  • 1,200 fps interesting, although it is only 320 x 120 it's nice to have the option.