Personal View site logo
Canon FD 55mm f1.2 S.S.C. lens with new Ed Mika Canon EOS adapter kit! (Hungary, Europe)
  • Hi guys!

I am selling this great lens with this awesome brand new Canon EOS adapter kit.

I am from Hungary, Europe.

I can receive money via Paypal.

If anybody is interested, please PM me!

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • @JCVD u should say that u can only use fd lenses as macros with this adapter on eos

• This adapter only works with the 55mm f1.2 SSC version. That's why they are together! With only 3 screws you can change the mount of the lens from FD to EOS!

• Nobody interested?

Current price is 580 USD with FREE shipping!

Still waiting for offers!

• Are you able to focus to infinity " AND " minimum distance on EOS cameras with this set ?

• Definitely, yes.

Ed Mika adapters are pro ones.

This one was made specially for the 55mm f1.2 SSC version!

This is what Ed Mika says about the adapter:

"Finally its here, the FD 55mm 1.2 Chrome Nose and SSC EOS lens mount swap kit. WARNING: THIS KIT IS NOT FOR THE FD55MM 1.2 SSC ASPHERICAL VERSION. Similar in concept to the popular EdMika FL 55mm 1.2 kit, this one also removes the old mount and replaces it with a new one without any damage or modification to the original lens hardware and is fully reversible in minutes. Made near Barrie Ontario Canada in our garage using our own CNC computer controlled mill this kit uses 55% more raw brass than the FL kit and provides an additional internal linkage to connect the aperture ring to the diaphragm. The performance of this lens is just fantastic and the look and feel is unlike anything you may be used to if only shooting with modern plastic body EF lenses. Each kit comes with two screwdrivers, a rear EOS lens cap, a set of body mount screws, the internal aperture linkage (that I call the EdLinkFD551.2) and the main brass EF mount adapter body with a mounted Gen4 Dandelion reporting chip pre-programmed to report a 55mm focal length and 1.2 aperture. As is the case with the FL kit, the converted lens works perfectly with no mirror interference with any 1.6 crop body Canon DSLR like the 7D, 60D and rebel as well as 1.3 crop bodies like the 1D4 and 1D3 but a 5D and 5D2 have plastic mirror frame to lens contact between 25 feet/10 meters and infinity (but do no damage to either part) so you need to use live view on distant targets (unfortunately 5D classic has no live view though). The 5D3 has a new lower profile plastic mirror frame and can shoot to about 300 feet/100 meters before mirror contact. The lenses and camera bodies pictured are for illustration purposes only and are not included. Lens conversions are done at your own risk, this mount swap is still quite easy but there is always some small chance of lens damage.

Manual focus is nothing to be afraid of for those looking for a serious performance upgrade path on a budget, in extreme low light where this lens likes to play I normally don’t trust the contrast detection autofocus of my camera and manually focus anyway and in good light I want big depth of field so I set the lens at f/11 and everything from 20 feet to infinity is crisp and in focus. To help overcome the lack of focusing screens on most DSLR cameras the installed chip triggers your camera’s autofocus system allowing a focus confirmation in the form of a beep or preventing a picture to be taken until a target is locked on depending on how you setup your camera. This method is not quite as accurate as live preview but works ok, especially if you use the chip programming through the camera to tune (micro adjust) focus for your particular lens copy. The chip also plays important roles in helping ensure proper exposure is achieved when shooing in Aperture Priority and Program camera modes as well as some bodies will detect a lens but no electrical contacts and will generate an error code when trying to shoot (EOS-3). Using this all-manual lens has been joy rather than a limitation. Beyond more than a low cost and high performance upgrade path for entry level equipment shooters I expect photographic enthusiasts will appreciate the manual only control and will want to combine the Canon's latest high ISO low light performance with a fast aperture lens with unique colour and bokeh signatures.

Basic conversion instructions below and search EdMika on youtube to watch the conversion instructional video, I highly recommend doing this.

1. Unscrew the 3 main screws holding the original silver FD ring mount using either the provided flat or phillips screwdrivers.
    2. Take the original mount off taking care not to lose the small pin and spring, it helps doing it with the mount at the bottom and lens at the top when separating.
    3. Unscrew the 2 phillips screws holding the thin metal stop and remove the stop.
    4. Replace this stop with the EdLinkFD551.2 and reuse the original screws placing them roughly in the middle of the slots but don't fully tighten them.
    5. Make sure the diaphragm just becomes fully open when the aperture ring is set to 1.2 by shifting the EdLink backwards or forwards and then tighten down.
    6. Mount the main brass adapter body with the chip at the opposite side to the mark/line showing distance and line up the 3 holes.
    7. Reinstall the 3 original main screws. Because of reports that some original screws can get damaged or in one case I have hear from a buyer where the originals have been slightly too long and bottomed out I now include a set of 3 replacement screws and a spare that you can choose to use instead. Thats it, you are done and ready to shoot. Make sure you keep the original mount and metal stop safely stored so you can go back to original again if you wish. Please respect vintage gear."
  • Only 2 days left, waiting for your bids/offers, guys! ;)

• Only 12 hours left, waiting for your bids, guys! ;)

• 2 hours left! Hurry up! ;)

• Do not bump topic

• I wanna sell this lens so badly, need the money, so waiting for reasonable offers guys! ;)

• Price went down to 350 USD for the lens, 120 USD for the converter mount + 30 USD shipping! ;)

• I sell the lens and the converter separately! Please PM me! ;)

• SOLD!

Please delete!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters