Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • Most of the shots are with the 25mm 0.95 Inside the cabin I used the 14-42mm and 45mm for close-up. The last shot is taken with an 5dmk2, looks like it needs sensor cleaning (hate these Canons....)

• a work for the 2011 training

• @driftwood is there any particular reason you went with 'Standard' film setting? ...versus 'Smooth', for the street scene taken at 10pm.

Those screen captures look very, very nice for ungraded ...excellent. The GH2 (Cluster v7 Nebular beta c1) in combo with the 25mm Voigtlander f/0.95 looks fantastic for this particular night scene. What type of lighting did you use? ...or did you just use available street/building light?

• can anyone help me remember what the program that was like streamparser for mac was? it wasnt as in depth as streamparser but it showed the average bitrate and what not. i cant seem to find it in the threads. please help anyone? :)

• @apriori Those grabs look fantastic! What did you have in your lighting kit?

• @AmandaNL , very nice, what did you use Nebula or Drewnet ?

• @feha I used Nebula For the shots on the beach I used 25% graduated ND with solid ND. Al shots 1/50

• I figured I'd look at a sunset last night. Sedna AQ20B

• 1600iso... unbelevable

00005.MTS_snapshot_01.51_[2012.08.28_03.53.18].jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 236K
    00004.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 197K
  • @re9d Is that shot with "Apocalypse Now"? Incredible!

• Hey guys, here's 2 music videos shot with Sedna AAQ1.

• My short travelogue. Shot in Korea with Sedna A Q1 (Low Setting). ISO varied from 640-1250 Canon 35/2 LTM

• Just wanted to share my latest breakdown. I used Panasonic GH2 with Sedna AQ1 (-2-2-2-2) and the lens was Samyang 35mm 1.4

In this blog post I'm explaining why and how I achieved the look: http://davidhjlindberg.blogspot.se/2012/08/grading-breakdown-explanation.html

Hope you'll like it :)

• a music video i shot with a few friends on my gh2 with sedna q20 and a 5d mk2.

• @davidhjlindberg that was incredible - some of the best grading I've seen on GH2 footage (you also really make the camera shine in that). You just got an instant blog subscriber.

• Reposting here, since it's relevant to the Sedna / CM patches as well.

In this video, I compared Sedna AQ1 'A', Canis Majoris 'Night', Cluster V7 Nebula 444 Sharp & Soft, Cluster V7 DrewNet 444 Sharp & Soft, and an older experimental GOP1 220M patch. Part 1 is ungraded, Part 2 is gamma shifted to 6 in Premiere, and Part 3 is graded in Magic Bullet Looks. After Part 3, you will see graded 300% crops of Sedna, CM Night, and the four Cluster V7 patches side-by-side.

In my opinion, the Soft versions of the two new Cluster V7 444 patches had the nicest highlight roll-off, while CM Night still held the best detail in the shadows. Particularly, I noticed substantially less macroblocking of ISO noise in the shadows on the leather jacket in CM Night, when compared to Cluster, Sedna, and especially the older 220M patch. I found it noteworthy that despite having nearly three times the bitrate as the new Apocalypse Now Cluster patches, the old GOP1 220M patch had far muddier shadows and in general looks bad in comparison. Goes to show how significant Nick and Chris's work on matrixes has been.

On all shots, I used a Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 lens, stopped down to f/8. Shutter speed was at 1/50s throughout, while ISO remained at 1,250 and WB was kept at 5200. The picture style for each shot was Smooth -2, -2, -2, -2.

The light changed slightly in between patch installations, so take this with a grain of salt. Also know that you can't hope to get a remotely accurate idea of how these patches differ when watching on Vimeo. Downloading the original 1080p .MP4 file (encoded at 20Mbps) will give you a better picture, but better yet would be to do this yourself and compare the .MTS files natively.

• I was doing further testing with the VY Canis Majoris 'Green Screen matrix setting' + Cluster, and have some good greenscreen / chromakey results in a promo video I made:

• Shot with Sedna Q20 B. The lenses used are: 20mm f1.7, 7-14mm f4.0, 12-35mm f2.8 and 25mm f1.4. There is a contest associated with this video to win Borderlands 2. Don't know how many gamers there are that read this forum but you are all welcome to enter.

• I know that the contest is over but I just wanna share a sunset film by the G3. Hard to expose without manual control. I used Driftwood GalaXian settings. Thanks a lot to Driftwood and Vitaliy for your awesome job!

• Competition Voting page will be up soon. Any late entries will be considered dont worry.

• ok.... first of all thank you so much for the patches i love them ......"Any late entries will be considered dont worry"...... here is mine sunset at danube in germany