Personal View site logo
GH3 rumors topic
  • 869 Replies sorted by
  • so you're saying it's likely to get a true 1080 viewfinder in cam?

I have some feeling :-)

1080p or, if we are unlucky, 720p.

• Modern small sensors are already pretty fast

Via: http://www.sony.co.jp/Products/SC-HP/cx_pal/vol93/pdf/imx144cqj.pdf

It is SD cards and LSI (plus mobile DDR RAM) that are lacking.

panas1.jpg
    800 x 253 - 66K
  • Imho the only thing that matters is will it be hackable, if not (due to protection of their higher upcoming models) this camera will be shit, and you can rather stay with the GH2 untill 2013.

The price will most likely be around 1499€ as a body (rumored).

Knowing we can get true cinema camera's for 3000€ it's rather useless

So far we can all rather stay and wait for the 4K revolution which will start in 2013/2014, with the introduction of the 4K Tv's, unless they pull something amazing out of the GH3 which i do not expect since it's a consumer camera.

• Someone's been stuck on an island for too long... Gh2 ain't Mr.Wilson...

• I still have faith in the Panny Engineers. Was everyone happy with the GH-1? Then the GH-2 was even better. 2 years later, why should they drop the ball? As much as there are FS-100, 700, C300, Scarlets etc. I think the form factor of the GH-x is very nice. It can do most of the things the big boys can do, and I can slip it in my jacket pocket.

• Less time left: Last 6 weeks for Photokina. GH series will not continue? Why no news? What do you think friends?

• i think we'll see the leaks around the 20th of august or so.

no need to start worrying until august is over.

• All I Can say is - I've heard credible reports of a Gh3 being in California, in the hands two "cool dudes".

• @bannedindv So, it's credibly a surf camera?

• I'm leaving Cali today, maybe i can grab one and run off with it back to OZ :-)

• @bannedindv would like to hear more about it :)

• I can't really say anything about it other than that I heard it is here, and its in the hands of two respected people in the Panasonic using community. It's not Barry Green.

The other thing I heard is that it has Timecode support.

• I'm getting sick and tired of hearing rumors. I want a real thing!!!

• As we get closer to a reveal, the launch of the G5 means we will probably get close to something like this in the GH3;-

AVCHD 1080p50/60 at 28Mbps/, MP4 1080 25p/30p, 8 bit 4:2:2, 20M+ digital Live MOS sensor, Weatherproof body, New Venus FHD 2 engine, 12fps full H mode burst shooting rate at full res/ 80fps 4M SH mode burst mode, Eye Sensor AF/advanced faster 'Light Speed' AF, extended iA+ modes (adjust defocusing area, exposure compensation and white balance while activating auto shooting assist functions), Creative mode inc. digital filters, 3" hi res LCD, GPS/WiFi, and all the other usual stuff.

Will we get HDMI 1080p output? The G5 specifies it can, though Ive yet to see confirmation. So its likely to be in GH3. Finally, still to discover if the G5 is 4:2:0 8 bit (highly likely).

• can't wait anymore... Just one question, when will the GH3 be available on the market ? A few weeks after the photokina ? or a few months ... oO ?

• A Panasonic rep has phoned me to tell me apparently the G5's hdmi out at 1080p is FULLY supported which if true is good news for GH3.

• @driftwood Let's say hypothetically the GH3 had a clean HDMI output, and it could be 'hacked' just like the GH2, so if then we could say use the Canis Majoris settings or your new Apocalypse 444, with a clean HDMI 4:2:2, then that means AWESOME freaking quality and potential right?

• @driftwood

At what frame rates? Does it output clean 1080p @ 24 FPS and 1080p @ 60 FPS? Looks like some of us might be buying a Black Magic Capture card instead of a Black Magic Camera.

• @thougts2uk The settings apply only to MTS and MP4 files. Irrelevant to Live HDMI output.

• I'm hoping for 4:2:2 color sampling and intraframe AVCHD feature :)

• @driftwood for the novice - suppose what you listed is kind of accurate, and that the camera is hacked, what implications would these 'upgrade' have on film quality?

• Whats the story about it may be using a Sony sensor? There is a lot going on about that.

• Hello, I know that maybe this will not be so interesting for video shooting, but there are a couple of things I miss and I really like to be included in the future Panasonic bodies:

• Auto ISO with minimum shutter speed (maybe with a setting to 1/Flength, 1/(2xFlength) and 1/(3xFlength))
    • Highlight clipping peaking in realtime during shooting (not only in playback mode), maybe with each RGB channel clipping different coloured rendition using the complementary color or a customizable option...

Frankly I wonder why they actually miss at least the Auto ISO minimum shutter speed option for stills, it's a very easy firmware feature to do... :)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions