Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings: Series 6 - COMP Apocalypse Now, Cluster v6, GalaXian GX1, Sedna, Canis, etc...
  • 713 Replies sorted by
  • Be as artistic as you like @B3Guy / @all :-)

• @Driftwood, hopefully I am not the only one waiting for the right moment to get a good sun(up or down). I am glad you gave the reminder though, since I had it in my head the deadline was the 27th for some reason. Will have a video up asap. In the mean time here's a video from a few weeks back just before sunset using Sedna A and my canon 35mm FD, could have been rad if I knew the comp was coming and kept the camera rolling.

• @Mee, you live in holland also i see................

• @mozes, I do? I wish! I am in Japan actually. What made you think I am in Holland?

• the bad weather ;-)

• There are so many great patches here. Most of them are tuned for 24p or 720p50. I was wondering which patch is great for de HBR mode (1080p25)? I want to use my new flycam so motion has to be fluent. I already tried some patches. For example Sedna B creates some flaws in the recording.

• @mozes, haha, I kinda figured it was something to do with the clouds. I'm actually from Seattle, so wind rain and clouds are normal to me. The video above was either the day before, or the day after a typhoon hit, so it's a bit more intense than usual for Tokyo.

• Could anyone inform me of a way of lowering the 720/50p settings of Sedna AQ1 a little so it will work with my Sandisk Extreme 95Mbps 64GB card? I get write speed errors around 10 seconds in with both settings A and B.

• Here is my take on the competition, shot at the beach of the isle of Islay, Scotland. I used the Cluster v6 settings of @driftwood.

• @Hakosuka i used the Nebular 720p settings. it works flawlessly that way.

• @stanlymanly2 that sounds great! how would I merge 1080/24 Senda AQ1 A with 720/50p Nebular?

• Thanks Nick @driftwood for VY Canis Majoris 'Green Screen matrix setting' + Cluster, heres some work I did with it using a green screen:

Donation sent to Vitaliy too, thanks to the tremendous work you guys have done!

• I did a little test yesterday morning with the Cluster V6 settings:

• How do I lower HBR 25p to same bitrate as 24L with cluster V6?

I really need "25L" here in PAL-land to enable spanning on my 64Gb 45Mbts Sandisk cards. since 24L in 56k bitrate spans, no problemo.

FSH/SH (is that the HBR bitrate?) is also at 56k bitrate, but it seems that the one extra frame is just too much for my cards. Should I change it to 35k similar to the FH/H settings?

• @driftwood

Can you help me choose one of your patchs for Aerial Photography (video)? I don't need file spanning because I don't record more than 5 minutes each time. 80% of time its daylight (I live in Brazil, so lots of sunny days) Its not a static recording because its a hexacopter but it has a good stabilization hardware. I need lot of details, I'm using a Nex5n and it lacks details for aerial videos. I can record both 720@60p and 1080@24p.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

• @wyatt250 beautiful!! What do you use for steadicam / jib?

• Any news on the patch? I cant recall having waited with so much anticipation for something the last time :-)

• A creative vacation video shot on (and off) of Chebeague Island. Located a few miles off the coast of southern Maine. Shot on a Hacked GH2. Download Original for maximum quality (FINALLY a PLUS member)!

Lenses used:

Tokina 11-16mm f2,8 Lumix/Leica 25mm f1.4 Zeiss 85mm f1.4.

Filter: Singh Ray Vari-ND DUO (Vari-ND and Polarizer in one)

Simple color corrections within Final Cut Pro, and some Magic Bullet Looks

SONG: "Daily(drops) - 5/1/2012 [Day One] (1)" (Infinite Third) / CC BY-NC 3.0 soundcloud.com/infinitethird/daily-drops-5-1-2012-day-one-1

MORE INFO on the filming process on the vimeo page.

Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.40.42 AM.png
    1902 x 822 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.40.58 AM.png
    1903 x 823 - 1M
    Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.41.42 AM.png
    1904 x 821 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.42.01 AM.png
    1903 x 823 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.42.18 AM.png
    1901 x 820 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.44.27 AM.png
    1900 x 820 - 2M
  • @JPB1138 That looks great! Very sharp. You have some nice lenses man.

• @APXmusic Thanks! Appreciate the comment. Yeah the lenses are pretty nice. Go well with the GH2

• @APXmusic ....Nice cinematic feel ..good work!

• @safari Thanks! Appreciate the comment. The GH2 is amazing. Especially in the right conditions.

• Some more clips of an upcoming documentary I am filming. Using the Cluster V6 Settings.

• @ethanpil

Thanks, just using an igus slider.

• @JPB1138 - Looks great!