Personal View site logo
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • The link is up for Part one of the Revenge of the Great Zacuto Camera Shoootout 2012 - learn about the guys behind the GH2 setup at around 17 minutes in.

http://www.zacuto.com/shootout-revenge-2012/revenge-great-camera-shootout-part-one

• @kavadni It doesn't make much sense to put any time and effort into blue screen. On electronic cameras it's the noisiest channel plus it has very bad resolution in Bayer pattern plus 4:2:0.

• @driftwood

Dude, you came in only after Arri? Congrats! That's a real feather in the cap.
    Btw haven't really tried all of Cluster v4 - tried the first one, it locked up my cam. But from preliminary tests, I much prefer v3. Will do more legwork. As always thanks for the inspired innovation

• Cluster v4 (6 GOP) is surprisingly the best quality setting I ever used. Thank you so much!!!

• @driftwood .. any chance of a crossfire variation optimised for bluescreen?

• thepalalias Thank you, very helpful

• @rajamalik I am in the process of going through my tests from last month to upload some of the files. Unfortunately, I tested Quantum v9c but not v9b.

I added some of the original MTS files from my testing last month to my GH2 Hack Reference page. http://perlichtman.com/pasdenapulse/wordpress/gh2-hack-reference/

These are the video files that I used to make the matrix of screenshots a while back in this thread. I have only uploaded 6 of the files so far - more to come later.

• @thepalalias today i am gonna test quantum 9b new sedna adapted matrix....any plans to compare new quantum v9 with sedna A????

• @driftwood i patched back to quantum v9b new sedna adapted matrix gonna test it today...will upload few videos soon.... thx

• Nice Nick! You gotta rule them all xD By the way: Thanks for all that Work done!

• @driftwood That's great you got to see it.

Was it a difficult choice picking the Arri? I happen to love the look of that camera. Also, do you think some of your latest settings have in any way significantly bettered the Quantum settings you provided for the shootout?

• Attended the London screening of Zacuto's Revenge of the Great Camera Shootout 2012 today at Soho Screening Rooms and it was great to meet fellow GH2 users down there. Without being told which camera was which we were asked to pick our fav 5 shots produced between the Iphone, 7D, Sony F65, Arri Alexa, Sony F3, Canon cs300, Red Epic, Sony FS100 and the good old GH2. I chose the GH2 (using Quantum 9B) as my second favourite ranked shot - choosing the Arri as the overall best looking image - but like other reports was completely taken aback by how suprisingly good even the iphone was. It just goes to show with the right lighting, setup, lens, grade and care you can make the minnows match the big boys.

Having a chat later on with the team I got an indication as to which top Hollywood film director preferred the look of the GH2 over all the rest - he's made some of the most inspiring films of the last 40 odd years... but I promised the guys I wouldn't reveal his name as the first of the web series of documents comes out tomorrow... they'll hopefully reveal all tomorrow... Gotta say it made me smile though! :-)

Driftwood at Revenge of the Great Zacuto Shootout 2012.png
    1837 x 1379 - 3M
    Screen shot 2012-06-14 at 22.23.01.png
    1278 x 805 - 591K
  • Just tested out Crossfire v.1 - Excellent color. Great detail as always. This one feels special.

Building.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Trees1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • [DELETED]

• Thank you Zaven 13. I did this procedure by common sense, but without 'forum support' until now

• @banaphsh, @paglez. If you go to ptools and bring up the Crossfire settings, the last line shows as 720p30->720pXfps=2. Change the 2 to 30 and you should be OK. It was changed to 2 to give you timelapse recording.

• I got this same result (2fps). But Driftwood don"t answer me about it. Maybe due to my bad english...

• HD format (.mov) is recording at 2 fps in crossfire patch this is bad. Can anyone please confirm this?

• using voigtlander 25mm and slr magic 12mm for music video. sedna a aq1 or canis majoris night, day or skin or crossfire? will.be.shooting.5am.until about 4pm all outside except one shot inside elevator/lift. any recommendations?

• @driftwood & @LPowell I just tested Crossfire variation 2 'Green Screen matrix' set to 24h. It looks good but it shows up as 24fps in after effects not 23.98

• @driftwood quantum v9b adjusted to sedna matrix,..what it is sir???

• On my way to London to The Revenge of the Great Zacuto Camera Shootout 2012 4pm screening - anyone else going?

• thanks @DeShonDixon !

@driftwood wow, green screen optimized. this is usefull!

• @Driftwood @LPowell thanks guys for your help, I'll test tomorrow...

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions