Personal View site logo
Volunteers wanted: Making mindmaps of most settings
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • Hi everyone, glad to see that this project get more and more interest!!

@kjones The order was a simple proposition, if you look at my first example (not the mindomo one), I did the other side, it as to be approved by Vitaliy, reversing the order is no big deal!! It's just an order to set between "Hack ID card", "results" and "Utility/use". here is something for hack beginners faq; http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/443/beginners-basic-hacks-questions http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3153/beginners-basic-hacks-questions-series-2#Item_40

@LPowell: In a paradoxal way, I'm more into the camp 1 "Those who want to hack their GH2 with improved settings that require no maintenance". Paradoxal, cause I want to help in a project where there are a lot of informations that I don't really understand... If I'm right, the document we want to create must some thing simple and synthetic, in a way more for the beginners, but for others too: like what setting will I use for my needs etc... So it"s why maybe we have too keep only the latest and updated version of the hack settings. But I understand quite well the difficulties that it brings to summarize, standardize something that is constantly evolving.

@cp_from_oz Nice and great ideas, nice mind map, even if it "overtakes" the simple mind map hack setting project. What you propose here is more 3 huge distinctive projects: "Videographer's Instruction Manual for GH2" "Overview of GH2 features and hack improvements" "Protocol for describing GH2 patches and their field useability" That's really huge, I think we were more in the elaboration of the third project, but thanks man for proposing that!! I didn't knew for Mindomo, I'm on Hackintosh :) Hope it's not trojan war... But it has really a lot of possibility and features!!

In any case, big thanks to everyone!!! :D

• It is good discussion.

But I still insist of KISS principle. Just simple map with settings categories, subcategories and names. No ID cards, text, etc.

After this it can be developed in any way.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Please do your simplest visual map for us ... e.g. Excel drawing objects exported as PDF.

I don't know what conceptual layering you are referring to. (i.e. patch variables v. desired photographic effects v. camera menu settings v. recording format = > these bubbles are all swimming and overlapping in there somewhere!)

• @cp_from_oz

I already told previously.

Just use topics for categories.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev You have previously said "How about using existing topics for this? Each topic as category." It would help if you explained this clearly. What "topics" are you referring to? Please take some time to expand on this and help us identify simplicity.

• @cp_from_oz

Can you tell me that you don't get here?
    I told many times - one topic - one category. Go to Hack category and see yourself.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev You are not making sense. I am going on what is in this thread. You have said initially: "It can be different veiws to problem, starting from all GH2 settings to specific GF3 settings with custom tables." Then you have said "I am against tables as they quickly become mess." I ask my question again but slightly differently ... what interface are you suggesting for people to select and assess patches?

Your suggestion to look at "hack Category" I assume refers to http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/hacks. This is indeed a random mix of patches and random commentary, but we need to be deciding on a format for presenting this information, which is very multi-layered. We need format for cross-referencing in multi-dimensions of patch criteria v camera functions ... and if you can state clearly what you envision it would help us all. If you have a list of dot points or some imagery then please share.

• Lets repeat again.

One topic that contain discussion about setting is one category.
    Like "PAL Settings". After this reading topic you can define subcategories, if any. And all the settings mentioned and approved by users in this topic become leaves.

it is as simple as that. No description, nothing. May be just visually select most popular setting or two in topic.

• Good day, There is a very raw draft of mind map in the attachment. It is neither accurate nor complete. It is just an idea. Every end topic of the map bears name of forum topic and has direct link to it. If you like idea of the map and would like to participate in its modification then please PM your e-mail address to me to provide you with collaborative link.

GH2 patches.pdf