Personal View site logo
12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic lens topic
  • 492 Replies sorted by
  • Yes gh3 is gonna get release with 12-35 x f2.8 panny lens. There will be one more kit lens 35-100 x f2.8 panny

• Very interesting lens.....need to see how it compares to Olympus 12mm 2.0 at 12mm, from hands-on users here.... but what interests me is that there are no 35mm fast primes on the m43 market for now (unless someone knows more than me ? :o or is there are rumored 35mm coming ??? (meaning 70mm full frame equivalent of course).

And i'd need confirmation on it being the GH3's future kit lens, if that's possible ? :)

• I really really really want this lens to be great, and then I really really really want one. :) It's perfect for how I use my GH2, mostly personal stuff. I'd also like to see how the 12mm fares against the Oly 12mm 2.0.

But I would have to sell my PannyLeica 25mm 1.4 to afford it, and then probably buy the pancake lens (again) for lowlight.

• I wouldn't expect shallow DOF from 12-35 focal range at 2.8 unless far background. Not meant it's a bad lens. In fact there seems no bad m43 lens. This lens on future Panasonic body with improved high ISO performance would be versatile for indoor event shooting.

• @rajamalik different cup of tea

• I am planning to buy a lens next week .. is this lens do better than nokton 25mm 0.95?? Should I buy this or a nokton???

• Does anyone have this lens yet? I want to know how it performs with video.

• f2.8, compact and sharp as hell. AF and anti-shake. 24-70mm in "old money"...

Heck, I'm contemplating selling all my Canon gear 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 and 14mm f2.8 and getting one of those. I seldom want to lug all that bulky FF glas around.

It's more convenient to just have GH2 with 12-35 2.8 than 3kg Canon around the neck.

• They say that it is changing length only when zooming, but neither length change nor rotation is taking place when focusing.

• You mean google translation? :-)

yep, I think all they are talking is non moving front element.

• ah, i think i misunderstood this line:

"focusing the front element does not rotate nor moves the lens further"

it must change the focus but not move anything on the outside?

• no manual focusing option

What do you mean here?
    Focus by wire?

• no manual focusing option is a real downer though. in fact, isn't it ridiculous that it doesn't have it? the review you posted above said that focusing is strictly internal and turning the exterior ring doesn't do anything.

• I don't plan on buying 12-35mm, but it will have very nice color matching with Nokton lenses.

• @gameb – yes, that is exactly my point. Lenses with cinema specs are specialty products.. So far.

@rajamalik how come you think it should be $800?

• U heard a rumour that gh3 will be released before July 2012. any official confirmation ??

• Best lens,...but expensive it should be around $800 for these features.

• @RRRR that has a serious price: more than 40.000$

• Not buying one of these until I see it with Stalin patched. :) Who's going to be the first to try? I'm intrigued.

• @gameb well, there are quite few that are as wide as / wider than the panny lens but this for instance: http://www.abelcine.com/store/Angenieux-Optimo-15-40-mm-T2.6-Zoom/

Faster, manual, internal mechanism.. e.t.c. stuff that people keep asking for.. (the point was that it would not make sense for panasonic to try and produce a lens with similar specs – it would be too bulky and too expensive for the majority of their market).

• @RRRR which cine-zoom?