Personal View site logo
GH2 for wedding videographers.
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • @brianluce give it a try! I was best man at my best friend's wedding and I could only shoot on the side - no chance for any gear except the naked camera. I had one GH2, 14-140 mostly in curch and I shot with 25mm Nokton everything at the reception, the dinner & the party. Nobody realized that I was shooting a video cause it looked like photo. Maybe it's cause my main business is (still) advertising photography I am used to hold a camera as described.

• @brianluce Jason charges almost $4000 now in the Philippines! Ha!

• @peaceonearth Trust me I've tried. A lot of people have trouble with that because the GH2 is so light it's prone to micro jitters. I've manage to occasionally get mediocre results with GH2 in a cage. @lpcmir I'm not shocked. He's so popular now and also, a lot more money in Phils now with over 600,000 call center seat. No wonder they're taking on China!

• @brianluce sorry to hear. It seems that everybody has his own shortcoming. I myself don't get an even movement on a manual slider, no chance , I spoiled so many shots :(

• @peaceonearth I'm okay on a slider usually. two things that help:

1. drag your hand on the rail as you slide -- smoothes it out for me at least.
    2. slide towards your body, not away, pull don't push. You use larger muscle groups -- gives a better slide.

Ah, speaking of Filipinas, early test in Bohol...

• @brianluce thanks for the help.

• GH2 wedding production

• I have unintentionally done a quite a few of weddings (last summer for a LOT of my friends). Since it was "a gift" did it mostly just with GH2 and Panasonic F1.7 20mm pancake. Still some things I think may help others: * try some time-lapse (GoPro + egg timer or Canonc G series + itervalometer or CHDK) during after party * if You can do it in pair - get another friend to hold other camera :) * invest in good shoes and hat (if it's sunny) * If You do it for friends - let them sort original material them selves :) then do the edit from the shots they like I used PAG Orbitor and it works nice for moving from place to place. This year I have two weddings for friends again so I invested in Wondlan Stabiliser - will tell You how it worked after tree weeks :)

• Just finished this highlight reel for my most recent shoot. Solo shoot with 2 GH2:s.

Lenses used: Nokton 25 0.95, FDs 50 1.4 + 35-105 3.5, Lumix 20 1.7

• Combination of Olympus OMD EM5 (daylight, preparation, outdoor location and reception) and Lumix GH2 (Driftwood Cluster 6 "forever for events!")