Personal View site logo
May be best online broadcast solution
  • Today we're excited to launch Hangouts On Air to Google+ users worldwide. So if you have something to say—as an aspiring artist, a global celebrity, or a concerned citizen—you can now go live in front of a global audience. With just a few clicks, you’ll be able to:

• Broadcast publicly. By checking "Enable Hangouts On Air," you can broadcast your live hangout—from the Google+ stream, your YouTube channel or your website—to the entire world.
    • See how many viewers you’ve got. During your broadcast, you can look inside the hangout to see how many people are watching live.
    • Record and re-share. Once you're off the air, we’ll upload a public recording to your YouTube channel, and to your original Google+ post. This way it's easy to share and discuss your broadcast after it's over.

Via: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/google-hangouts-on-air-broadcast-your.html#!/2012/05/google-hangouts-on-air-broadcast-your.html

I think it'll be very interesting solution that'll be used on many sites soon.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Cool I am going to try that out for astro photography in live broadcasting.

• I'll check this out. I'm hoping it has a chat facility, which is one of the best things when live streaming, so your audience can ask questions etc. That can make for an immersive experience and one that makes real sense of doing live tv.

• Cool! So it means also that the YouTube "Live" is now open for everyone, right? It was only for partners on YouTube as far as I know.

Any idea if we will see 720p streaming? Some of the partners channels streams (have that option) 720p on YouTube now.

This is going to be one streaming platform that you can use from G+, YouTube, or even your website, if I get it right..