Personal View site logo
Need some music choices for mountain climbing vid
  • Hello all, I just filmed a 3-day hike up & down Mount Apo, Philippines for an NGO, and am looking for some 'inspirational' and progressive tunes to go with the edit. Here's something I like:

It's a non-commercial video so copyright doesn't matter. Thanks in advance!

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • listen to M83's back catalogue

'ok pal' from the new album is a song that i have in my back pocket to use. i think it's inspirational, fun, and somewhat progressive. And this is from someone who doesn't really like the band all that much, but they are a good fit for this sort of thing.

am not convinced that copyright doesn't matter though...

• That's the biggest Lav I think I've ever seen :) Nice vid

• I was also looking for music at the vimeo music store for a video so decided to look for something similar to your song in exchange for one of your Lomos. :D Couldnt find a track similar to the one on your posted video. Crap. These sound "inspirational" but not the same as they are more electronic than guitar strumming/riffs

https://vimeo.com/musicstore/track/141975

https://vimeo.com/musicstore/track/141984

Not sure if your copyright stuff is correct... Anyway, hope to see the vid as I'm from the Philippines!

• Just for clarification, copyright does matter (from a legal standpoint at least) regardless of whether it is used commercially or not. If it's being presented or distributed (e.g. streamed on YouTube/Vimeo, etc.), copyright holders have the right to have your video removed (and possibly even seek restitution) if you use their property without a license.

• ok thanks all. i guess what i simply mean i'm not using it for commercial purposes, which in retrospect does not matter to the artist... I know I'm using their stuff without permission! But yeah M83's new album is pretty good, decided to use 'Midnight City' and 'Outro'

• I like Jamendo..$21 for a one year license for a short film..why not throw the artists something for all their hard work..they have a good variety of music to fit any genre.