Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 3: VY Canis Majoris, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion, Cluster...
  • 1046 Replies sorted by
  • @jvalal That is normal for that card with the newer patches. Please see the modifcations others have been using to make the patch work on similar cards in this thread.

• thanks @thepalalias I'll take a look around. These threads start to get pretty unwieldy for information. Especially now that there are three separate threads. Plus I think that Driftwoods settings may be too large for my card. Looking for about 40min of video. Guess I'll either have to up my card or try some other settings. I need major help since i'm a noob. Still trying to get the quality I want, feels like it's not there for me. Trying cake 1.2 now.

• @jhero, I'm on a Mac running 1.5.7 of the batch version now, so hopefully that will fix it. These problems were definitely before the latest round of updates.

• ok. Back to testing quantum x 5c "pictoris".

• @AlexManta I use a sachtler fsb 8 tripod. SOME of the shots cropped to 2.35 are moved in post within the natural matte areas.. The tripod head i use is very nice.. The big tilt at the end is straight out of camera. Thanks for the comments!

@Mark_the_Harp Thanks appreciated! turned out pretty well. hopefully the actual video/short comes out with similar results.

@Hallvalla Thanks. Hoping for more to come.

• Some more Orion v4b footage taken yesterday on an island.

• @L1N3ARX Did you shoot that video in 24H? Also, Check out the GOP3ZILLA + Senda Patch it is awesome.

• @leejb4, I did indeed. Yeah, I'm gonna do some kind of comparison with Sedna to see exactly what is drawing me to Orion v4b.

• @L1N3ARX I like your comment about returning to certain patches without really knowing way (sorry, can't call them settings as it then gets confusing with camera settings). I really love your footage. It looks effortless to watch. Not sure I can explain what I mean, but everything, detail, motion etc, all seems really well balanced and it all just works really well.

• @L1N3ARX your work is outstanding! can you give me info if your using ND filter ? about to buy one but not sure what brand to buy i have the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L

• @Tifose Thanks, yeah I use an ND Fader actually. A lot of people seem to frown on that and prefer stacking expensive ND filters, but the fader has worked fine for me. I just use the cheap neewer brand, it's like $15, and I wouldn't be able to shoot a single video without it haha.

• Driftwoods patches are ment run on fastest cards (Sandisk 30 mb/s at least), anything below won' t work. Posting reports about card speed errors should only be done if using these cards. Had no problems today with sedna A in 24p and 50p on 32gb 30mb/s Sandisk, 80% variable bitrate stopped recording after a few seconds with well known message. Did not test other modes. Outcome is pure juice.

• @Oedipax, thanks for the suggestion, I am yet to try to go mts files directly into FCX, but I am not sure about the conversion the program makes. Also, I am using the batch version of 5dtoRGB, maybe I have to update???

• @L1N3ARX The issues with faders I have had (like the inexpensive Polaroid 77mm) mainly shows up with extreme wide angle (10mm or wider actual, not equivalent) or extreme telephoto lenses (200mm+ actual, not equivalent). Do you tend to use the fader in conjunction with those or with focal lengths closer to 50mm?

Okay, back to the patches. I am currently shooting some rain with EX SH and EX24H at 1/4000 in Orion and Factory to show the difference to newcomers.

• @thepalalias, For the most part I use the 50mm-62mm ND Fader. I use the 82mm one at times if I plan on using the Sigma 20mm. I know the larger faders have a tendency to soften an image slightly, but it's nothing that can't be adjusted for in camera or in post imo.

• @driftwood @thepalalias Which is the most lossless format render in vegas for 1080p??? the best one to keep most details in 1080p sedna footage???

• Rajamalik, at high bitrates ( 20mbps+) the main concept 2 pass mp4 is best. For lower bitrates, the Sony one pass mp4 performs better than the mainconcept and is also quicker. i'm assuming your are asking for delivery formats.

• Testing Sedna A AQ1

• @LC_Digital_Art

That looks fucking great man!

• @driftwood amazing improvements are made with your new patches, are you planing to release 2x anamorphic versions of Canis Majoris or Sedna like you did before with Quantum ?

• Hi, I'm using sandisk extreme 30mb / 32g. I was using Orion 4b in almost al modes with no problems. Tried sedna, & dark matter. Have problems in 720 60p (even with the cup on for 4 sec) & 80% -card speed error-

I would like trying to change the 720 60p GOP to the same than Orion 4b. THE ONLY CHANGE IS ON THE GOP LENGTH ? Buffer? Some other setting?

Is there anything I can do in order to make 80% work on 24H (it works on 24L)

Thanks...

• @LumixUser Congratulations!

• Where can we see your films?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions