Personal View site logo
Choosing set of lenses for micro 4/3
  • 62 Replies sorted by
  • Nokton 25mm f0.95 always rocks with gh2

• I have - in studio till Monday now tho but will post some - Creamiest lens I have along with Pentacon 135 (15 blade version) even more so than the Lomos and v sharp

Some chat here about it

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=546584

• @soundgh2

tell me more about Rokkor 58 1.2 any sample videos???

• what about sigma 84mm 1.4 ?? hai what adapter do we need to use sigma lenses and nikon lenses??

• I found a Nikkor 50mm 1.4 AIS on Ebay for $158 and a Nikon 28mm f2.8 AIS for $135...I have only $300 to spend, so I thought this might be a good set. I haven't purchased them yet. I own the 14-140mm kit lens.

I recently saw a video I liked that had a Vivitar 28-90mm f2.8 lens and a Konica Hexanon 40mm f1.8 lens that I liked. I found them for $139 and $70 on Ebay....and another fixed lens Vivitar 28mm AIS f2.8 for $80.

Much of where I will be shooting is right here in the city, lots of shaded streets, under bridges, subway, in vehicles, as well as indoor and bright outdoor settings, etc..so I want lenses that can cover a wide variety of light situations. I love the look of rich contrast and I didn't think the Canon 50mm samples showed much of that. I don't want to be spending money on a focal length that I already have covered with the 14-140 unless it gives me a lot more options as far as light goes...and I will be shooting almost entirely with video, few seldom using the lens for stills.

I would love some input from people who have more experience with any of these lenses. I'm trying to make the most out of my limited $$$. Thanks a lot!

• Don't get the old Micro Four Thirds 50mm Hyperprime it sucks. The new M mount one is supposed to be awesome but it won't come out till after September and doesn't have a price yet.

• 50mm 0.95 Lecia Noctilux thats too much,.but, best alternatives are Magic HyperPrime 50mm f0.95 and Nokton 50mm f1.1 with M mount adapter

• @rajamalik if $$ is not that much of a Limit, you should consider getting a set of Zeiss compact primes. If you can't find time to use them, they still will look very sexy in your shelf!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/718720-REG/Zeiss_1848_232_PL_Custom_7_Lens_Compact_Prime.html

• @Chaos123x

Be reasonable.

As suggesting to beginner (most probably) top lenses will result only in the waste of time while he'll be waiting for them rather than shooting. And in practical shooting you don't need F0.95 lenses.

• True, but The Lens is close to € 10.000,- and you have to wait 6 month in line ....

• For the best Bokeh get the 50mm 0.95 Lecia Noctilux and a M mount adapter. It cost more than a used car though.

• well, The Samyang is so cheap, just Order it on Top :-)

• Guys, I think about closing this topic.

As it quickly turn into mess about everything.

@rajamalik

Stop talking with yourself and disussing all the lenses in on topic. Find ptoper topics about wide lenses, tele lenses and specific lenses. Read them first.

• What about the CCTV lens? are very cheap, but vignetting.

• So, the Canon FD 50mm f1.8 is a great.

• i am looking for a second hand canon fd 85mm 1.2 around 1000-1500 $..........can samyang 85mm 1.4 can compete with canon fd 85mm 1.2??? in terms of Bokeh and sharpness???

• Why don't you start off with the Nokton and the Kit Lens then see what you need later down the road.

• The Canon FD 85mm 1.2 is overrated and over priced. Samyang 85mm 1.4 might be a better deal! The Canon is very Big and heavy and very soft on The fast end. And The Price on eBay is insane!

• which fisheye does better performance in lowlight???

samyang 8mm f3.5 or rokinon 7.5mm f3.5 any lens with f2.8 or below???

• i heard from my professional friend any lens with 8 blade or over can give better bokeh. he said to go for 9 blade or 10 blade lenses....any suggestions or ideas???

• yes i am asking the same ---which lenses do better sharpness, Bokeh and low light performance????

• where i can buy 12mm 1.6??? i am from middle east.........

i am planning to order these tonight,..let me see i can change my 12mm f2 to 12mm 1.6...

Canon FD 85mm F/1.2 L Lens Canon FD Lens Adapter for Olympus E-PM1 PL3 PL2 P3 P2 Panasonic GH2 GF3 GF2 G3 Voigtlander NOKTON 25mm f/0.95 OLYMPUS M ZUIKO Digital ED 12mm F2 Rokinon 7.5mm F3.5 Silver UMC Fisheye Lens for Micro Four Thirds panasonic

any other better suggestions???

• There is also the Olympus 12 2.0 of you like focus by wire for some reason.

• For me manual focus and folow focus performance is not very important. But overall size, sharpness and weight are. This is why I choose 14mm over 12mm SLR Magic any time (and I have both).

• Here is what I would get

SLR Magic HyperPrime 12mm 1.6

Voigtlander Nokton 25mm 0.95

Voigtlander Nokton 50mm 1.1 with M mount adapter.

But really for the 50mm you be better off getting any $99 50mm 1.4 vintage lens.

On a full frame this would equal to

24mm

50mm

100mm