Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 4
  • 586 Replies sorted by
  • @bkmcwd Give that bitrate setting a test on your GOP3 patch for me and let me know how the Quant matrices look in Elecard Streameye. Thanks mate.

• @driftwood: interesting re exFAT.. I'm going to try and reformat a sandisk 30mb/s card and see what happens.

• exFAT is not NTFS.

• no, it's not.

• NTFS icon comes up but youre right its not. wiki states 'exFAT can be used where the NTFS file system is not a feasible solution, due to data structure overhead, or where the file size limit of the FAT32 file system is unacceptable.'

• @driftwood Just gave Quantum v7 a run all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the motion is soo filmic, love the grains, and finally quality soo clean and sharp without the Videoish qualities Great work...

GOD Bless

• @kholi, only the 64GB 95MB/s disk is "XC-1", 32GB and down are "HC-1". I don't own these, can not comment. Best regards, http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1491/95mbs-sandisk-extreme-pro-spanning-reports-64gig-sdxc/p1

• @driftwood OK! I'll try. :-)

• @CinemaChico The bug and bird shit is insanely good... Nice!

• @driftwood

I did the instant test. The upper is what was shot the same interior of my room as usual, and the lower applies the stress highest with the Stray's chart. The typical I frame is chosen and compared in all. This result is very interesting. Is the maximum macroblock size taken? Is the lowness of average qp taken?

Since my "megaMAQ2" is going to realize the lowness of average qp using big frame size, if the same concept is applied also in this comparison, it may be able to be said that the result of right-hand side is the better. However, in the frame size same at the same AQ, when so big the difference did not come out, I felt.

NOTE: Since span became impossible when your bit rate arrangement was applied to AQ4 of me as it was, FB value was also made slightly down to the same as QT7.

3GOP_AQ4_brs_test.jpg
    1349 x 1691 - 481K
  • @driftwood V7's 24p crashes my 16gb 30/Mb/s on stray's death chart, but the 1080i/720p does not.

• @f1lm3r H setting? Did you try the L setting for that card ? Thanks for testing mate.

• @bkmcwd Hmmm... that's an interesting result. Can you upload a few GOP3 tests for H and L setting using the Quantum settings and two of your current own settings? Thanks mate

• i'll test...any chance you can combine your v3 with v7? i really liked the 24p from the v3

• @driftwood Here are some results of my testing with SeaQuake and Quantum V7. I had reported in earlier tests using Seaquake that I was able to span both with 24H at 160/166 mb/s and 24L which I had changed to 100mbs successfully on a Transcend 64GB SDXC class 10 card but span failed on Sandisk 32GB Extreme HD 30mb/s. During this test Seaquake was at AQ3. later I changed Seaquake to AQ4 and did some additional test on Saturday. Spanning failed on both cards. Important to note that I never experienced the "CANNOT RECORD. FILE NUMBER EXCEED LIMIT" error. Yesterday, I loaded Quantum 7 and did some testing. Spanning failed on both cards. QV7 is at AQ4. I also experienced the file number exceed limit message above for the first time on my 64GB SDXC card but not the sandisk 32GB extreme. Then I came home and I changed the AQ of QV7 from 4 to 3. I did some additional testing by setting the camera on a tripod and zooming on the 55" TV screen. This time 24H at 147mb/s spanned but stopped after 2 spans on my 64GB SDXC card. However, the file number exceed error message happened again. So just to isolate whether this is Quantum related problem or not, I reloaded the SeaQuake AQ3 patch and formatted my Transcend 64GB SDXC card. After further testing, both 24H and 24L spanned 5 times with no problem before I stopped them. By the way, the file number exceed limit error above did NOT happen again. It appears to me that the file number exceed error only occurs with 64GB SDXC file formats. Note: I only use driftwood GOP1 Intra patches for 24p. I use longer GOPs for 1080i and 720p60. I hope this helps.

• @driftwood tested 24L, seemed to work, but no playback! that's a must.

• @driftwood OK, I will do. :-) However, since I think that 24L does not not much have a meaning compared since it is ignored until now with my patches, comparison of 24H becomes main.

• @Zaven13 file number exceed error happens when there is something in the file system that is off. It is usually helped by a format / flash and it does happen to other than sdxc cards.

• @Driftwood In my opinion, Quantum V7 is the best Driftwood's patch in 24 H mode. This is that I'm guess, after some tests that I did last weekend in real world.

• This is an ISO3200 sample of my latest "megaMAQ2".

megaMAQ2_night_3200_sp.JPG
    1295 x 633 - 186K
    megaMAQ2_night_3200_i_ey.JPG
    1266 x 967 - 333K
  • @driftwood It seems that it cannot be easily applied like AQ4 in AQ2 although I applied your bit rate settings to my "megaMAQ2" patch in response to your request. Even if it compares in the current halfway state, since frame size is completely different, it is meaningless. I need the time for trying many things. :-)

megaMAQ2_BRS_TEST_ISO12800_sp.JPG
    1296 x 634 - 192K
    megaMAQ2_room_ISO800_BRS_TEST.jpg
    1349 x 847 - 226K
  • @koli, appart from what WhiteRabbit said, I can confirm 32GB 95MB/s will not span, as it's my main card. Though it has no trouble with Driftwood's latest Quantum v7, obviously up to 4 mins. For short films, it's perfect and very reliable to use with actual and future hack patches. It's as reliable as the 64 GB for everthing, but if you look for spanning, look no other than the 64 GB version.

It uses exFat instead of Fat32 which is the main reason for it being capable of spanning. Read on Spanish distributor's page. All other versions still are Fat32.

Hope it helps.

• @Zaven13 Thanks for the report mate. I need to look a little bit further into what is making the span fail between seaquake and Quantum. Give me a few days.

• @Raysito22 I'd be interested to know if you take a exFat 64GB Extreme Pro card, stick it in a GH2 if it read/writes to the card. If not and you have to format the card in the GH2, take the card and check and see if it's still exFat or now a Fat32 format.

I just tried formatting an old card into exFat and when I put it into the GH2 it made me format it and then it was back to fat32, so I'm just curious if there's something I don't understand about formatting storage.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions