Personal View site logo
Fotga Rail Support
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • @qwerty123 I use it on a previous generation DVtec DVRigPro that I've had kicking around for 7 years or so, and that works perfectly for me. It's probably faster for me switching the camera/rod support/mattebox as one unit between tripod/shoulder rig/Steadicam as one complete unit, rather than trying to add and remove handles and shoulder pads attached to the rods, but YMMV.
  • @Strangways Have you used this system handheld (with a shoulder support)? Thoughts?
  • I own one (without quick release) and am quite pleased with it. It allows me to get the GH2 very near to standard lens height for 15mm studio rods so standard pro accessories work correctly. With a quick release plate or something added under the camera it would get everything to perfect height.

Some rod support systems I saw had the mount points for putting the whole rig on a tripod directly under the camera mount, but once you add a hefty lens and a mattebox, it's better to have the mount points farther forward, as in this design. My rig balances extremely well on the mount points with a 14-54mm Olympus and a Genus mattebox.

I bought mine from DHFoto on eBay, and while it took a while to arrive, was even better than I expected in terms of build quality given the price.
  • @mrbill have you tried this with a shoulder rig?

@Vitaliy_Kiselev In your view, what makes the Lanparte worth the extra money over the Fotga?
  • I have the quick release plate version of this, and have no complaints.
  • I think it is not a bad thing.
    For the price not much competition exist.
    It is known for about half a year already.
    Also if you use long lenses it is advisable to use better lens support and two points camera base (not one point as here).

You can check lanparte camera support in rig deals topic also.