Personal View site logo
Looking for guys and donations to cover CES and NAMM
  • We are looking for guys with some expirience who'll cover this exhibitions for our members.

You'll be paid via donations of our members (plus I have some reserve for this)
    Plus you'll have right to have link and information about yourself or your firm in every message from exhibition.

Same thing for our members.
    If we'll find suitable candidate in next few days, we'll start collecting donations for this.
    And everyone donating $10 or more will have right to ask for specific things to cover.

See http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1861/2012-shows-and-exhibitions#Item_8
    For list of main 2012 shows.
  • 15 Replies sorted by
  • I've been at the NAMM shows many times since 2005 and will be happy to what I can to cover and assist others in covering the show. Does anyone else plan to be there?
  • Defo thinking about it.
  • Well my vote is that you come - it would be great to meet you and the show has been one of my favorites over the years (up there with the Game Developers Conference).
  • I'll be at CES hiding out at our suite, but if I make it out to the show floor, I'll snap some shots of the Panasonic booth
  • @Thepalalias, do you have any extra tickets for NAMM?
  • I don't need any questions. but A shoutout to my company would be worth the donation
  • I would love to cover CES for you guys!
  • @Bueller I don't. But I may be able to procure an extra badge through a company I consult for, though they would have to pay a fee since they've already used up their quota. PM me and I'll see what I can do!
  • 43rumors and sonyalpha rumors will also participate to the fund :-)
    With mroe interest on CES, of course. But also for NAMM.
  • One of my friends from the game scoring community might be able to put someone up for the night at CES in Las Vegas. PM me if you decide to go but don't have a place yet.
  • @thepalalias

GDC was always good to get a quote or two from Matt Smith about shyte old Spectrum games :)

Can probably blag some Avid badge entries if anyone needs to get in.
  • I will be at CES most of the week but I'll be busy tracking down mobile phone, tablet, wireless and some robotics and embedded systems technologies.

Time permitting, I'll be visiting the camera vendors and will note a lot, take photos and video, but due to time constraints I might not be able to post much during the week. We will see! I will definitely be looking at m43 - may be some new lenses out?
  • @soundgh2 The highlight for me is still Nobuo Uematsu's inteview at the spring GDC back in 2005.

"Have you guys ever tried playing an old Nintendo game without the music on? It's really boring."

And apparently that was part of the reason he enjoyed working within the limitations. Though, then as now, he was always trying to get his sound engineer to get more out of the system's sound chip (and had an eye on the sound quality of a competing franchise). :)
  • 4 hours to go before Panny announce their intentions for 2012. Twitter: Ask them some questions about GH3 - Twitter: you can start asking questions Live @ CES now using the hashtag #LiveAtCES Live Broadcast Channel at CES: http://www.panasonic.com/promos/ces/2012/

• Thanks, but you better use new CES 2012 topic.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions