Personal View site logo
Idiots: EU citizens must prepare to good life
  • Macron urged Europe to invest in defense and prepare for high-intensity wars.

Macron stated this in his election speech. In his opinion, Europeans should prepare for large-scale military conflicts in Europe.

Do you still love capitalists? Even with bombs flying other your homes?

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev, don't understand all the aggressive wordings. Capitalist, Marxist, Catholics, Protestants, Fascists, Communists, etc. It's all about breaking down some complicated situation in a few words and staying in the name of something aggressive.

Isn't that all about - not understanding the culture of the others and making unforgettable mistakes in communication.

Not understanding from the western world (capitalists) that giving a an oral promise to a Russian president is stronger than a signed contract which might never appear or the promise got forgotten in the drafts. (NATO-Eastern-Extension)

And that a lot of western formalism with lawyers in terms of application for a membership (NATO) sounds like an insult if you considered an important step for the worlds peace.

Of course in the western world there are so many politicians which are talking too quick before they think about the consequences... (Is that worth to dismantle the earth crust with nuclear weapons, give at least the animals and plants a chance to survive)

• @tida

don't understand all the aggressive wordings. Capitalist, Marxist, Catholics, Protestants, Fascists, Communists, etc. It's all about breaking down some complicated situation in a few words and staying in the name of something aggressive.

All you want to do is return to 16-17 centuries in understanding of social forces, it is pity.

Instead you need to understand that capitalists are the origin of all bombs around. This guys want profits and keep their nice positions. If they need to kill everyone else for it - it is fine.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, OK, I know that the pure capitalism definition would never work out as there would be no room for social aspects. But where would you find this situation in the past or now...?

It's clear that the thinking of getting wealthier and wealthier need to be stopped as the increase of world population does not allow this anymore.

• I am still waiting to hear from VK an analysis, from his theoretical perspective, on why Putin is invading another country? I do not understand, having read and taught Marx and Lenin, who I both respect, how their theories and philosophy about capitalism could explain what Putin is doing (but I am interested).

I think steroid use, brain fog, and perhaps a mid-life crisis might be better explanations than something deeper. But, seriously, I would like to hear an explanation grounded in VK's analytical framework. Taking potshots at capitalism is fun (and insightful), but now we got something else, or not?

• @markr041

I am still waiting to hear from VK an analysis, from his theoretical perspective, on why Putin is invading another country? I do not understand, having read and taught Marx and Lenin, who I both respect, how their theories and philosophy about capitalism could explain what Putin is doing (but I am interested).

Let me first make extremely short version for you, details you will find in thousands of posts on PV and later in separate post.

In short - Russia role lately had been providing resources for cheap. Prices of this resources had been controlled by west powers. In return west destroyed local manufacturing and put firm hands in the form of corporations around country neck. Of course they also provided high markup goods, like Apple products with 400-500% margins.

Not only this, but 50-60% of money we got for resources never even been used to buy goods or overpriced bad services. Instead they remained in original western banks.

Ukraine role here had been that it is model of future Russia - constant reduction of energy consumption, final destruction of manufacturing and science. All freed energy went into EU to keep posh life. Same itme huge military resources and propaganda had been used to form anti-Russian army at Ukraine and use it as initial hammer for strike, where NATO will join.

Yes, goal is control other resources and destruction of Russian citizens, as they consume too much (due to heating requirements mainly).

• If you think any of this claptrap justifies the invasion of Ukraine and the killing of babies, you need serious therapy. I am really disappointed. I have enjoyed a lot of the insights on Western capitalism here, and the use of Marxist analyses. But the invasion shows your true colors - you are a Putin apologist puppet or mush stupider that I had thought. None of what you say, even if it were true, has any logical relationship to the invasion, or even the "reasons" given by the madman leading Russia - "denazification" - a Marxist/Leninist argument? have you been infected by COVID? Suffering brain fog? On steroids, like Putin? Truly amazing.

• @markr041

I think you are overwatching CNN lately.

Marxism exactly teaches to look at materialistic reasons and economic interests.

All this madman and such stuff you got from TV. not from PV.

I am highly disappointed in you Mark, how you managed to get your position in university having such level of critical thinking that few hours of TV can be sole content of your posts?