Personal View site logo
NAB 2021 No Go
  • Panasonic has just announced that they would not be attending NAB this year:

Update on NAB 2021

It’s hard to believe that it’s already September, which means NAB 2021 is right around the corner. As you prepare for the event, I want to provide an update on Panasonic’s plans for the show.

After careful consideration of several key factors impacting the show, including the current conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the decision not to attend the event in Las Vegas.

In place of participating in-person, we’re planning to meet and connect with our valued customers via our digital platforms where we look forward to sharing our exciting announcements. We are confident a digital experience will be effective, similar to events we’ve hosted over the last 18 months. We will be in touch with updates on event specifics over the next few weeks, but please reach out directly with any immediate questions.

We continue to appreciate your business and look forward to connecting outside of the show!

Thank you, Carter Hoskins Director, Professional Imaging

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Anyone want to put odds on April's show? I give it better than 50/50. 60/40 happening vs cancelled? I wonder if Vegas has odds on it?

• NAB is canceled

For more than a year we have worked tirelessly to bring our industry together safely in Las Vegas at NAB Show. Unfortunately, the pandemic and surge of the Delta variant has presented unexpected and insurmountable challenges for our global community.

As we have always kept the best interest and safety of the industry as our priority, it has become apparent in the face of these challenges that we can no longer effectively host NAB Show or our co-located events, the Radio Show and Sales and Management Television Exchange, in person.

NAB Show is the premiere destination for the media and entertainment industry and we will not move forward with a show that delivers anything less than the excellence our community has come to expect and deserves from us.

While we are disappointed that we will not be together again in person next month, we look forward to converging in Las Vegas at the 2022 NAB Show, April 23-27, 2022, to reignite our passion for our business and focus on a bright future ahead.

E-8vwfXX0AAaZcX.png
    1200 x 675 - 61K
    E-8vwfXX0AAaZcX.png
    900 x 506 - 185K
  • It'll be a shame if they never bring back the full NAB of the past. I found being there in person was much more useful than online product rollouts. Being able to speak directly with engineers and company reps gave me a world of info and insight I couldn't have gotten otherwise.

• I will not be attending as well as they were requiring masks and they would make my interviews of show participants very hard.

• Sony has already pulled out of the show:

Sony Electronics has been closely monitoring the evolving situation of the COVID-19 Delta variant. With October on the horizon, we’ve considered the unprecedented circumstances and made the difficult decision that we will not be participating in person at next month’s NAB Show or InfoComm. While these events are an important forum to reach our customers and introduce new products, this is a choice we made to ensure we’re putting our employees’ and our partners’ health and well-being first. As the world continues to grapple with the pandemic and businesses adopt digital alternatives and online opportunities to prevent the spread of the virus, Sony Electronics will continue to communicate and engage with our customers and partners in interactive, accessible ways that allow us to safely deliver exciting product news and updates to a wide online audience. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and look forward to participating at industry events in-person at some point in the future.

Theresa Alesso, Pro Division President, Sony Electronics.