Personal View site logo
Crypto scam: Nvidia openly stands behind new crypto bubble
  • Nvidia is now offering a new Cryptocurrency Mining Processor (CMP) for Ethereum miners. These will include the best performance for mining and efficiency, but they won’t handle graphics at all. Nvidia says these CMP products, crucially, “don’t impact the availability of GeForce GPUs to gamers.”

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/cmp/

Nvidia is purposefully making its new RTX 3060 graphics cards less efficient to mine Ethereum cryptocurrency. New drivers that will accompany the release of the GPUs later this month will reduce the hash rate of Ethereum mining by around 50 percent, using software detection for cryptocurrency mining.

Rumors are that Nvidia perfectly knew during development - most RTX cards will go into miners farms.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • i don't know how i feel about this. on one hand, it feels kinda scammy to artificially reduce performance(processor chips anyone?) on the other, maybe it will fix the supply, demand, price problem.

• @hardimpact

It is not about reducing performance - it is about spreading information that 3060 is also good card for mining. All this reduction will be fake and easy to turn off.

Plus they also advertised their new mining processor that strangely matched crypto boom timing, despite design started long before this (2 years at least).