Personal View site logo
China: Failing Silicon
  • https://technode.com/2020/09/09/hsmc-promised-chinaa-first-7-nm-chips-it-didnt-go-well/

A government-backed semiconductor manufacturing project based in the central Chinese city of Wuhan has gone belly-up, with key operator HSMC mired in debt. The local government said the project amounts to nearly RMB 128 billion (around $18.7 billion) in investment.

No surprise. Under such oppressive regime, truly innovative things would never happen. If they can't talk openly about real issues, how can they progress forward? According to them, "everything must be perfect." like the Lego world.

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • @stonebat

No surprise. Under such oppressive regime, truly innovative things would never happen.

Are you started new anti Chinese series? :-)

Do not worry and not count so much, as western resources now blatantly lie about issues of Chinese silicon industry.

• I have Chinese friends, and they are good people. But CCP has many questionable policies for their own greedy reasons, I guess. And there are going to be consequences at the cost of their own people. That is just sad.

• @stonebat

I do not know on Earth any pink ponies land.

China bureaucracy and methods actually match the society development stage, it is still hundreds of millions of peasants. It'll all pass.

It doesn't mean that we can sometimes fast forward progress a little, but only a little.

• “I’m not antisemitic, I have Jewish friends!” You know how this sounds right? You sound like that one white guy at a party that says the N-word and then justifies it by saying that he has black friends.
  • it is still hundreds of millions of peasants. It'll all pass.

Sounds like Mao. He didn't like sparrows, and the gov ordered to kill gazillions of the bird which ended killing 45 million people.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/09/26/1958-mao-zedong-ordered-sparrows-killed-ate-much-grain-caused-one-worst-environmental-disasters-history/

• @jleo You sound like people = gov. That's not true. I have no hatred toward Chinese people. But I think most of them are victims of their regime, CCP.

• You know where Lala land is.

• @stonebat

No music videos, sorry.

As it undermines already low level of posts.

Rise the level, research the subject and do not glide into Twitter like LOLs.