Personal View site logo
Z-CAM E2-S6, E2-F6 and E2-F8 Cinema Cameras
  • 70 Replies sorted by
  • During filming a serie for HBO there was two Alexa and one F6 (just to test). Too much jello on F6 and a real problem on shutter speed in urban night environment (like E2. But Zcam thinks that it is enough to settle the shutter !). F6 stayed 5 minutes on the set. I am sure than an E2 with Speedbooster have less jello than F6. Wait for F6/F8 II. Zcam cameras are not yet professional but semi-professional.

• S6 DR

sa11187.jpg
    685 x 575 - 57K
  • All E2s, including flagships and E2c are getting this feature ready with new updates.

RAW over HDMI ( Prores RAW )

• S6G ,global shutter s6 camera on the way

• US - Z CAM Service and Repair Center

Cine Pro Service is a US based service center for cinema equipment. We service and repair cinema cameras and cinema related accessories. From sensor cleanings and diagnostics to crucial repairs, we will service your equipment to ​a satisfactory order with fast turnaround times.

https://www.soltyscameras.com/service?fbclid=IwAR1BLfm3zAFBeSKwWl2LTIBoExe49CznKUQFP5VXV5y0MnOtJsrEBeAPF4c

• Stupid question--will a FF lens with a speed booster on an m4/3 mount cover Super 35 on a Z cam?
    My brain has stopped working.

• It will cover more than S35. Near FF but not really FF.

• Thanks, @Flash. The circle of confusion.

• Testing S6 now. I always have liked Super 35.

• I tested Sony FX6 of a friend, really impressed by AF, DR, low light capability, colors etc etc Very nice camera ! (Very VENICE colors look)

• Difficult choices, I'm not so interested is super shallow DOF sensor. Also the price on the S6 is not so bad, I got two mounts, the Canon and the M43, hopefully will have so flexibility with the speed booster etc. Even my Nikon F2 85 from the Cambrian period will gain a stop at telephoto.
    Have to see what the noise looks like.

• Zcam is a good choice since last update.

• Flash what has improved

• Prores for all frame rate, H265 was a pain.

• But I am in love for FX6 !

• They have 444 pro res ? Or is only 422 hq ?

• No 4444 but 422HQ for 24,25,30 FPS and 422 for slow mo

• Anyone know how to use the proxy file in H265 that is embedded as a dual stream by the ZCam in Premiere Pro? I can only see the high res video, not the proxy.
    (Seems like a cool feature, although I guess I would prefer two streams so I can delete the ones I don't need)