Personal View site logo
LUMIX Webcam Software finally released
  • LUMIX Webcam Software

While the “LUMIX Streaming (Beta)” is basically a software for tethered shooting that can also be used to capture camera views for live streaming, the upcoming “LUMIX Webcam Software” makes it possible to use an applicable LUMIX camera as a webcam over a USB connection not only for live streaming, but also for video conferencing, etc.

Compatible models: DC-S1H, DC-S1R, DC-S1, DC-GH5S, DC-GH5, DC-G9, DC-G100 *

Release Date: End of September (for Windows) / End of October (for Mac), 2020

The release date of LUMIX Webcam Software for DC-G100 is yet to be decided.

Panasonic is committed to continuous improvement with its LUMIX product line, including the Full-Frame S Series and the Micro Four Thirds G Series, by providing customers with valuable products and services, a part of which are these firmware and software update programs.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • fyi: checked LUMIX Streaming (Beta), it allows for 720p max with GH5. Such a waste! So HDMI is still the way to go for me.

• Panasonic released the software "LUMIX Webcam Software (Beta)" that enables the company's camera to be used as a Web camera for free. Compatible OS is Windows 10 (64bit), macOS 10.13-10.15. Since it is a beta version and software is under development, operation guarantee and user support are absent.

Software allows camera to be used as a Web camera by connecting the target camera to a computer with a USB cable.

Before using it, it is necessary to update the firmware of the camera body to the latest version. In addition, it does not support simultaneous use with the company's tethered shooting software "LUMIX Tether" or simultaneous use from multiple Web conferencing apps. In addition, when performing live streaming, it is announced that a separate live streaming application will be required.

• I had real trouble with this when it first came out, but just tried the latest version with Big Sur and an S1 and it works like a charm, real upgrade for zoom and the like!

• Just tried it. Why do I see the peaking though? Doesn't show any other screen related information. Seems weird to send that information as well

• Not sure but I turned peaking off and it went away.