Personal View site logo
Symbolic thing - 22th June, like Nazis, Apple will announce move to closed ARM
  • Apple Inc. is preparing to announce a shift to its own main processors in Mac computers, replacing chips from Intel Corp., as early as this month at its annual developer conference, according to people familiar with the plans.

The company is holding WWDC the week of June 22. Unveiling the initiative, codenamed Kalamata, at the event would give outside developers time to adjust before new Macs roll out in 2021, the people said. Since the hardware transition is still months away, the timing of the announcement could change, they added, while asking not to be identified discussing private plans.

The new processors will be based on the same technology used in Apple-designed iPhone and iPad chips. However, future Macs will still run the macOS operating system rather than the iOS software on mobile devices from the company.

Apple managers specially planned to make announcement at June 22th (to make clear parallels with 1941 year 22th June invasion, as Apple also move fast into fascist state company). Such date must make it clear for users that company now will be total dictator.

It is expected that new Apple computers will run on specially modified iOS (that will be still called MacOS, but most of the core and many APIs will change to iOS ones).

Computers will be almost totally unrepairable, where screen, keyboard, touchpad and each BGA chip will be specially cryptographically locked. Apple will also introduce LSI similar to T2 (can be called T3 or Tx). Authorised centers are rumored to no longer have right to replace modules, and instead will be working as collecting centers. Instead Apple will make Amazon like own processing centers (most can be in Mexico to save on costs) where modules will be replaced and reencrypted.

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy...that's a stretch. 99.9% of americans have no idea what happened on june 22. Regardless, used mac mini's will be popular again. Or maybe some inventor from Russia will offer up cheap hackintoshes for the masses.

• @kurth

Apple management is not 99,9% of Americans :-) They know perfectly. And I talked to my Apple source, WWDC date had been discussed internally.

Apple is leader of modern financial fascism (Apple had been impossible if not tight merge of multiple banks and funds with big design US branch and even bigger plants in Asia).

Or maybe some inventor from Russia will offer up cheap hackintoshes for the masses.

It won't be any "hackintoshes". And the sooner people will realise this - the better.

Btw it is around 90% probable rumors from my source that Apple will have remote brick switch for any enw ARM based PC or laptop. If it is connected to internet or even if nearby Apple computer is connected (Apple plan to use speakers and microphones in ultrasound spectrum part for very low speed security interconnects and tracking). Bluetooth will also serve tracking and control purposes.

Plus all 100% of sofwtare must be signed as on iOS. To prevent any independent distribution. Apple now thinks to make it gradually (within 1-1.5 years) to avoid public backslash. This guys plan to destroy around 70% of all small developers.

• @Vitaliy....maybe your source is a bit ethnocentric ....if he's Russian. In fact...nobody remembers this date....except for Russians. WWDC's are always in June. I agree on their closed ecosystem, and most likely this will be good for older mac market...and hackintoshes. Also, if they make prices same as ios software prices, we won't need alternatives inside their system. And as we've mentioned before, give final cut and logic with every new mac. Whatever happens will happen regardless what end users want, or say. The success of the iphone screwed apple forever.

• @kurth

You again try to belittle smart people into some uneducated crowd level.

Huge part of iOS prices is total tracking and constantly collecting information, so they do not sell you software - they sell you almost perfect bugs nest (in both meanings of this term). Same is true for Android.

• @Vitaliy...you mean my guitar tuna is tracking every chord ? Come on....I can promise you that smart people in the USa don't know, nor give a hoot about russian invasion by nazi forces in 1941. It doesn't translate as symbolic in the USa. If apple is making it a symbol, then they are dumber than even I thought....cause nobody else gets it. Considering wwdc always is in june, there was a 1/30th possibility it'd fall on the 22nd.

• @kurth

Come on....I can promise you that smart people in the USa don't know, nor give a hoot about russian invasion by nazi forces in 1941. It doesn't translate as symbolic in the USa. If apple is making it a symbol, then they are dumber than even I thought....cause nobody else gets it.

You need to stop thinking that people with good education care about present moment crowd perceptions, with time even crowd will get it. Symbols remain in history and this moment will be also remembered.

Considering wwdc always is in june, there was a 1/30th possibility it'd fall on the 22nd.

This is against probability theory, as Apple managers are not throwing random dice, instead they discuss the date and probability thing you try to use can't be applied here. Announcement about new date and format of WWDC had been made in March and as I said, I know that management discussed it and at the time already talks had been about "symbolic statement at symbolic date".

• Apple’s virtual WWDC keynote will take place on June 22nd at 1PM ET.

• I hear they've got a new imac to show us.

• Apple may also announce on June 22nd at 1PM ET a special commemorative "Rotten Apple Nazi" edition, adding the "excommunicate" feature for unauthorized changes:

Soon to be addend on all Apple devices. ;)