Personal View site logo
Coronavirus: Propaganda and desktop sales
  • 28 Replies sorted by
  • In terms of keyboard, The best is by far the original IBM Model M (buckling switch keys). I am totally addicted to it. Nothing on the current market ever come close to it, including offerings from Microsoft, Logitech, etc.

I have kept an original IMB Model M at work place that is clicking perfectly, just like new. Over the last couple of years I have bought two imitation copies from Unicomp for home use. unfortunately the copies from Unicomp have bad circuit board and/or chips inside and have died short after a year. Time to buy a genuine IBM keyboard now. Used ones run around $200 to $280, new ones (new in old stock) run around $500 to $800. They are worth every penny.

• Laptops were nice for having in the library at University. Otherwise, all my work was done in my dorm/apartment on my desktop.

Now, nearly all my professional work is done on a desktop. There's just no comparison in comfort and ease of use.

• Wait for it. Desktop PC sales will increase exponentially very soon. Especially when the long flattening out period happens.

We are still in honeymoon stage. (Zoom, Phones etc). But this will change, and demand for desktops, and upgradeable systems will be greater than supply.