Personal View site logo
GH2 Stills and Video setup guide on youtube
  • Here is a youtube video with GH2 stills and video tips and tricks. If you have any questions about the settings or have some tips or tricks of your own please post comments.

Chapter Index:
    0:19 Start of Basic Settings Discussion
    1:28 I.Dynamic Discussion
    2:03 I.Dynamic Movie examples
    3:21 High Speed Burst mode with Live View
    3:40 ETC mode Function 2 button
    3:59 Auto ISO
    4:12 Color Modes
    5:01 Noise Reduction in RAW example
    5:13 White Balance
    5:26 Flash Adjustment Function Button
    5:32 Touch Screen Auto Focus
    6:35 My Menu Screen
    6:49 I.Auto mode
    7:05 "P" Program Priority Mode
    7:55 "A" Aperture Priority Mode
    8:11 "M" Manual Mode with Constant Preview Setting
    8:54 1080p Movie Mode Custom Settings
    9:25 Cinema Color Mode for Videos
    11:18 720p Movie Mode Custom Settings
    12:29 Camera Bag Demonstration
    13:39 Lens Changing Demo
    13:57 Slow Motion Videos
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • I use the quick menu to change ISO. As stepping through different ISO values, the LCD adjusts exposure. Also the ISO trick: from high to low.
  • @stonebat

I find it hard to switch from ISO 160 to the higher ISOs even with the quick menu. It just seems to be really slow to click a bunch of buttons just to change ISO which needs to vary frequently in the pictures I take.

Maybe an external ISO dial would be a good way to remedy the problem?
  • Just keep the Quick Menu "cursor" at the ISO setting. Then press the "physical" quick menu button to list all ISO values. Press up or down to select it. Very quick and very simple.

No I don't use the touchscreen.
  • Thanks for this, I could never see the value in the custom settings because I was trying to set up, by selecting C1 C2 or C3 first ... of course the movie settings were not available in the default setting (they were all P) .. Doh!
  • nice video!
  • Thanks, great video for people like who is too lazy to read the manual. Now I have C1 for photos, C2 for video and I'm planning that maybe I could set C3 for timelapse.
  • I get that 42mb is the "suggested settings" but I think they should be updated next ptool to the C_Brandin's 44mb ---personal opinion..