Personal View site logo
Seetec Feelworld F6 Plus On-Camera Touch Screen Monitor
  • 16 Replies sorted by
  • Why oh why do they release new models (nearly) every week -.-
    Nice features on this screen - But to be honest - I never ever saw ANY firmware update for one of their screens.
    (So in case you rely on new features / bug fixes, don´t go for Feelworld aka SEETEC.)

• @Tscheckoff

Well, they have minor releases that they sometimes sent to us.

One of the ongoing transformation of their firmware look and feel also requires to change such approach to updates. In other words - stuff becomes much more complex - hence it will be more updates.

Give this guys some slack, as in around one year they will catch two top brands of small monitors even for their top models. They already have same screen quality and basic features as entry models of leaders, for much less price.

• I really like their quality and features (at the low price point) - I still use the good old FW759 for example. But their behaviour is a little bit weird (as they release as mentioned WAY too much models with basically the same features and just minor differences).

Why not focus on one or two models instead of three or four per display size (and focus on future feature updates instead - like every other manufacturer nowadays). Would also save a ton of additional development and production costs (and would show that they are taking their existing models seriously).

Just a side note: Good example in the video - They didn´t even have a final model name (I guess they changed it in the last minute before the show started - Its hand written). That also shows that they don´t have clear plans about their model lineup. Its also annoying if you plan to test out a new model (for youtube or yourself) - If you have it on your list another one is already released ...

• Why not focus on one or two models instead of three or four per display size (and focus on future feature updates instead - like every other manufacturer nowadays). Would also save a ton of additional development and production costs (and would show that they are taking their existing models seriously).

Yet, it also allows to make all available people busy. In larger companies it is constant war of managers, ambitions and search for available work. Hence so many models, I guess.

Just a side note: Good example in the video - They didn´t even have a final model name (I guess they changed it in the last minute before the show started - Its hand written).

It is little more complex. As they have THREE brands - Andycine, Feelworld and Seetec, and it is frequently a mess. We deal mostly with Andycine for last year time, and they are simple.

Btw all PV interviews at NAB and some other shows are being shot using Andycine monitors.

sa9939.jpg
    800 x 603 - 88K
  • At BIRTV saw this new monitor from Feelworld. Very light weight with good touch controls. The touch makes it cleaner and less cluttered on the front. Also have a power port on the bottom to power my GH5 with a optional battery adapter is nice. Here are some of the features.

With 4K in/out and featuring a touchscreen interface, the new FeelWorld 5.5" Full HD HDMI On-Camera Touchscreen Monitor is a good on-camera monitor at an affordable price of $229.

With the native resolution of 1920 x 1080, this IPS monitor enables you to view your footage. You can view a variety of Log footage on the monitor. A built-in SD card slot allows you to upload 3D LUTs.

The touchscreen interface provides you with greater screen real estate to view your footage. For those who still prefer physical control, a menu/select wheel on top of the monitor provides the same functionality. The monitor supports diagnostic tools including focus peaking, false color, zebra bars, histogram, image flip, and color temperature adjustment. In addition, the monitor offers multiple aspect ratio options.

The monitor has 4K HDMI input and 4K pass-through output.

The F6 PLUS provides S-Log2/3, V-Log, Log-C, etc., to convert Log mode to Rec. 709 for all major cameras. User-created 3D LUT cube or calibration 3D LUT cube can be uploaded to F6 PLUS by a SD card.

There's a 12 VDC input on the side and an 8 VDC output which can be used for powering your DSLR or mirrorless camera. The dual-use integrated battery plate on the back can support either an L-series or LP-E6-type battery.

190908-234108-136.jpg
    800 x 696 - 55K
    190908-234333-140.jpg
    800 x 653 - 66K
    190908-234518-158.jpg
    800 x 686 - 76K
  • Why no waveform on most of these monitors? It seems to be a feature that doubles the price on these devices.

• @cevahic

If you look carefully - it is lot of affordable monitors with waveform now. Just do not rush if you need it.

Considering higher prices - waveform is possible only on LSI with powerful cores.

• I wonder how long until feelworld come out with a recorder? The processing power is available now.

• Feelworld F6 PLUS 5.5" Full HD IPS HDMI On-Camera Touchscreen LED Monitor, $179

https://www.adorama.com/fef6plus.html

• Our preview, review soon

• I have the sdi version , when trying to zoom into for focus, can you assign a button to go back to full view, that's the one thing that I'm still not knowing how to do