Personal View site logo
Xiaomi aka the Monster
  • 62 Replies sorted by
  • Doing good on local market

sa15362.jpg
    742 x 511 - 65K
  • We believe that people are at the core of any innovation. When strengthening our technological expertise, we must always start by finding the best people. Xiaomi's R&D department currently has over 10,000 talented employees. We plan to recruit an additional 5,000 people in 2021, despite the global pandemic. I want to make Xiaomi the dream company of every engineer for the next decade, and we will strengthen our strategy for developing talent and team composition.

• Smartphones are also good

Worldwide smartphone shipments reached 348 million units in the third quarter of 2020, down a slight 1% on year but up 22% sequentially, according to Canalys. Samsung regained the lead with shipments rising 2% from a year earlier to 80.2 million units, while Huawei slipped into second place with shipments falling 23% to 51.7 million units. Xiaomi took third place for the first time, with shipments surging 45% on year to 47.1 million units.

• Smart bands and smart watches

sa14731.jpg
    733 x 308 - 23K
    sa14732.jpg
    726 x 307 - 27K
  • New 82" 8K TV coming

sa14289.jpg
    550 x 532 - 54K
  • My favorite is the inductive rice cooker

• Mi TV Lux OLED Transparent Edition $7,200 USD

Apart from its futuristic design, Mi TV LUX Transparent Edition is also equipped with flagship-level hardware that achieves groundbreaking upgrades in both sound and picture quality.

Its 55″ transparent OLED panel features a 150000:1 static contrast ratio and an infinite dynamic contrast ratio, offering extra rich blacks and unmatched brightness. Leveraging its DCI-P3 93% color spectrum support, Mi TV LUX Transparent Edition is capable of restoring the awe-inspiring colors that bring images to life. Its 10-bit panel displays 1.07 billion color combinations, an extra-wide color spectrum far beyond what the human eye can perceive.

Not a TV, but an art piece, Mi TV LUX Transparent Edition adopts an aesthetic design that combines a 5.7mm ultra-thin body rectangular screen and a round base, creating an ultra-immersive viewing experience. The base stand is covered with a millimeter-grade finish that resembles compact discs blending perfectly into any surroundings. The TV is perfect not only for homes, but also for galleries, museums, shopping malls, and theaters.

https://blog.mi.com/en/2020/08/11/turning-moment-for-tv-industry-xiaomi-unveils-mi-tv-lux-oled-transparent-edition/

• 5g is stronger and stronger everyday

• EU plans

sa12758.jpg
    748 x 489 - 50K
  • Himo V1: Xiaomi’s $261 electric bike

The most elevator-friendly e-bike in the world?

We’ve seen $375 electric bicycles, $420 electric mopeds, $284 e-bikes that blur the line with electric mopeds… you name it, Xiaomi has funded an e-bike to fit it. For me, I wanted the least expensive one yet, the $261 Himo V1 that I covered here on Electrek.

These ultra-budget electric bicycles are mostly produced for the domestic market in China. While you can find many of them on direct-from-China shopping sites like AliExpress, the price is usually jacked up for the Western market.

Instead, I went with the personal approach. I called up a friend of mine living in China and told him my plan. I’d wire him $261 and he’d go get me a bike.

So what’s my verdict here? To be honest, I’m actually surprised by how good of a bike you can get for $261 (or about $370 shipped). Not only is it a fully functional e-bike that is more powerful than I thought, but it folds, has an LCD screen, front and rear LED lights, a built-in charger, disc brake (just the one!), fenders, and even a ridiculous little rear rack. That’s a lot of features for an e-bike that costs around the same as one month of car insurance and gas!

And while this e-bike is small, it honestly fit me just fine and can handle my needs as a city commuter e-bike. It would easily fit in the trunk of just about any car out there and would be an excellent last-mile vehicle for drivers that need a set of wheels for inner-city travel. Or it could be a cheap little campus runaround bike.

So I’m pleasantly surprised by what I got for my money. It’s not a great e-bike, but it’s a decent e-bike for the price and the use case.

https://electrek.co/2020/04/09/i-bought-xiaomis-261-electric-bike-from-china-and-brought-it-back-to-the-us/

xibike2b.jpg
    768 x 576 - 107K
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

The camera market is toast! ;-)

• They are doing this instead now:

sa11192.jpg
    773 x 435 - 60K
    sa11193.jpg
    695 x 572 - 40K
  • @EspenB

Yi part responsible for action cameras and m43 cameras fully disbanded. People are either working on home security cameras or left the company (marketing all left).

It is all old stock only that you see.

Profits in other sectors is 2-3x compared to this segment.

• What happened to the Xiaomi action cams? Can't recall any new cameras for the past couple of years.

sa11168.jpg
    746 x 418 - 51K
  • Xiaomi VP, Lin Bin, said that the company’s camera department has put in a lot of work over the past few years. According to him, Xiaomi’s R&D team has grown from about 400 to more than 3,700 in just three years. This goes to show how fast the company is growing.

• Smart pillow

sa10708.jpg
    748 x 582 - 50K
    sa10709.jpg
    739 x 465 - 36K
  • Look at this

And MI Band 4 did not shipped in volume at this time. Now it is shipping in huge amounts.

sa10062.jpg
    733 x 503 - 61K
  • They just opened a 'Mi' in Panama and I wandered in the other day. Wild! They make everything from screwdrivers to glasses to scooters to luggage to kitchen stuff hahah.

• 4K Projector

• real 4K resolution
    • 1700 ANSI Lumens
    • HDR 10
    • 456 × 308 × 91mm
    • Android and MUIU interface
    • 3x HDMI 2.0 and USB
    • $1600 price
    sa8352.jpg
    733 x 569 - 41K