Personal View site logo
Capitalism: Australia ruling class wants to control encryption
  • New law gives law enforcement the power to ask technology companies to create - and then seed - a vulnerability on "one or more target technologies that are connected with a particular person".

“What we say to the government right now is if you agree to do the amendments that you’ve already agreed to do to the encryption laws in the first week of next year, we will pass the encryption laws - unsatisfactory as they are - right now.

“I’m not willing to go home and see a terror event happen - which we’re told is less likely than more likely - but I’m not going to have on my conscience [Prime Minister Scott] Morrison’s hostage-taking tactics where he cancels his own work, goes home and lets Australians swing in the breeze.”

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • What does this have to do with capitalism?

• @joethepro

Well

The State is a special organisation of force: it is an organisation of violence for the suppression of some class.

as well

Law is the will of the ruling class transformed into legal regulations.

So, here we just look at the will of ruling class who want to do nasty things and good encryption does not help them in this.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I can understand that as a possibility, yes. But this mentions only law enforcement. I'm pretty sure China does this sort of thing as well.

• But this mentions only law enforcement. I'm pretty sure China does this sort of thing as well.

You mean that you want them to write it as "we are afraid of ordinary people so made nice sounding pretense".

Yes, China does even worse things. But it is same ruling class and same capitalist state (even if with red flags used as fetish).