Personal View site logo
Canon EOS R Mirrorless FF Camera with 4K video
  • 155 Replies sorted by
  • From a ergonomic perspective it sounds excellent and far better than my Sony. Its a shame 4K likely to be crippled.

• More details

• 30p 4K only due to very outdated LSI and issues with dual pixel sensor
    • All-I recording mode. LOG
    • 10-bit only via HDMI
    • Idea to push for 10-bit BT.2020 color coding, idea is really horrible (same as make it 8bit in Rec 709 reality)
    • Focus Guide
    • Could use touch bar for fast adjustments, including focus
    • Ring on the lens will be same as Nikon (Samsung invented such) so you could assign it to things.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev don't worry, GIGARAYS logic will save us, we are almost at the point of Nvidia RTX marketing reality distortion: need extra needed pixels, our AI hardware and software will make them up in realtime!

speaking of encoding
    http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/AV1-A-First-Look-127133.aspx

• @NickBen

Well, it is one issue with 8K video besides sensor - horrible situation with capitalist idiots fighting for patents and fees on HEVC. Hence no one makes HEVC cameras. And it become widespread you really need efficient compression for 8K.

• 30.3MP Full Frame CMOS sensor... if true, another spreadsheet camera!!! HAHAHA...

Canon would be trolling their first gen customers, as you know in next 1.5-2 years they'll somehow manage to release a 33MP or 36MP sensor capable of 8K video, just they want nobody "Magic Lanterning" their FF mirrorless cam in 2019 and hurting their upcoming 8K video lineup and next product release cycle on spreadsheet...

very entertaining, their's absolutely NO reason to have a 30.3MP sensor other than to gimp the video, me thinks