Personal View site logo
7 dirty words CDC can't say now
  • Trump Administration has prohibited the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from using seven words in official documents used for next year’s budget.

The forbidden words are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.” The Post says that policy analysts were provided with some alternatives to use: instead of “science-based” or ­“evidence-based,” the suggested wording was “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes.” In some cases, the agency was not provided with alternative wording.

Rephrasing Carlin:

Well let me ask you this- when they were making this shit up, why did they pick 7? Why not 6 or 8? I’ll tell you why- because 7 sound official. Seven sounds important! Seven is psychologically satisfying number. So having ten words in this list was really a marketing decision!

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Bureaucrats, again.

• @theconformist

Sounds legit, but they want now to back up after public stuff.

• Time to check info is real. Redistributing B.S. like this without checking sources, contradicts your advice to others in this forum.

• @caveport

Calm down. No one ever proved it is not true. The Washington Post posted report, guys backed out after public outcry.

My advice is to read stuff and think, and I still hope you start to follow it.

• “I want to assure you there are no banned words at CDC. We will continue to talk about all our important public health programs,” CDC Director Brenda Fitzgerald said in a Facebook post.

My technique is to read stuff and think, just as you advise!

• My technique is to read stuff and think, just as you advise!

Nice. Very glad for progress in this regard. :-)

• This is normal operating procedure for republicans. They seek to discredit science. Trump claims climate change is a Chinese hoax. He's very smart you know.

• Trump claims climate change is a Chinese hoax. He's very smart you know.

Most common version is that it is US hoax :-)