Personal View site logo
DaVinci Resolve 18 and older 17 and 16
  • 459 Replies sorted by
  • @inqb8tr

Normal editor must allow to make custom arrangement and switch them using simple keypress.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Well I think so too.

They might be crippling software interface in order to push the panels and video cards etc. but it is not a good idea if they really want to grab a bigger share of the NLE market.

When you try to play video full screen it defaults to first monitor even if you selected your second monitor as a primary. It is so obviously stupid and suggests intentional crippling of very basic features.

• I have not had to many problems on my 5 year old PC. That being said there might be a correlation to fairlight crashes and whether the PC is grinding on making a smart cache. When I waited till the smart cache was completed doing it's thing fairlight seemed stable. They need to fix it but try that for stability. As to the fixing things I like the company but the Beta seems out of control they don't seem to have a regimented way to report problems. They just have a thread of problems without additional information like system configuration, PC or MAC, what you were doing at time of crash not sure how they will make any useable sense of the information.

• if anybody is having audio issues, make sure your drivers are up to date

• Audio issue fix: Make sure your sound drivers are set to 48 hrz! Fixed it on my machine.

• Audio issue fix: Make sure your sound drivers are set to 48 hrz! Fixed it on my machine.

You mean Windows setting?

• Guys, what are the cards Davinci 14 works ok? AMD is no go?

• AMD will use OpenCL and perform around 1/3 to 1/2 slower than the equivalent CUDA card.

• I have 1060 mini and it's much improved now with 14 ,it was doing good before ,now very good

• @Jspatz I cannot tell you about DaVinci 14, but I have seen people get much better results with AMD cards at the same price point (in fact, I have a 1060 and I am a bit annoyed I did not get a good 480 instead and save some money)

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49713

• Little update ,editing and coloring is all good ,but seems once plugin inserted I can barley preview 1-2 fps max

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

In your sound drivers you need it set to 24-bit, 48,000 htz or it won't work with the beta.

AMD cards perform on par with Nvidia in similar price bracket. The more vRAM the better.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49713&p=291290&hilit=480+cards#p291290 I found this forum post interesting there seems to be a decent argument for the RX480 8GB if your on a budget.

• Question, how would I punch in (or I zoom in or out) from anamorphic clip that has been desquezeed ,or anything that has been cropped let's say 2.35 and want to maintain that when punching in and out

• @sammy I believe that you go to transform zoom unlock xy and desqueeze than lock the zoom and they will stay in ratio you have set.

• thanks scot ill try that

• Is there a standard benchmark test for resolve 14? I would try it on my budget pc (Ryzen5_1600, GTX1060_6GB) and post for comparison.

• Worthwhile watch from Alexis Van Hurkman on the new face refinement feature and other new features. Being not particularly competent with computers I was wary of trying the beta version, but I've been using it for several days now with only one crash. My system consists of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb i7 CPU 920 2.67 GHz 16.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T SE (LGA1366) SAMSUNG TV (3840x2160@60Hz) I have been spending some time stabilizing very unstable footage taken at sea in trawler races with various DSLR cameras and have found the stabilization (just with the default settings) to be better than anything I have used before (I haven't tried Mercalli so I would be interested to hear if anyone has compared the two).

• @G3550D

Usually Mercalli is considered best among them.

• my issues with davinci keeps on going...anyone know if davinci saves history of backups of projects that can be opened...basically i was working on a project for a long time, i moved tracks over tracks that were already edited and thus took the place, i was tired and didnt realize this tell now, i open the project the latest saved project is missing a good chunk of the edited track, any clue on this? I know sony vegas,has a log of project history saved and can access any at any time.Thanks