Personal View site logo
GH5 Panasonic camera, from anticipation to love or hate
  • 2083 Replies sorted by
  • Hi guys, for some reason It might only be in australia where vlog is free with purchase. I know it is at digidirect, georges etc

• @Zorba

not all preview-units have VLOG enabled, only very few it seems. What seller in germany says VLOG is included? It's an additional purchase which they claim is available by release

• People that photograph products using razor-thin depth-of-field should get kicked in the crotch. Hard.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Yes the design of the GH 5 motherboard seams very complex, much more than in the case of EM1 mk2.

Yes, "it still have HDMI and audio jack on main board" but at least the mic input is not directly connected to the main board. :)

• @Eno

Thanks.

Remembering previously posted image of other side

GH5 motherboard is most complex among all Panasonic cameras I know.

Yet it still have HDMI and audio jack on main board, bad decision considering price of replacement.

We also clearly see result of management decision to cut spending on chip design teams.

sample437.jpg
    510 x 568 - 49K
  • More Gh5 sensor,motherboard and body images.

Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-GH5-Sensor.jpg
    900 x 596 - 44K
    Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-GH5-Venus-Engine.jpg
    900 x 584 - 67K
    Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-GH5-10.jpg
    900 x 600 - 75K
  • @Zorba - No idea, perhaps they have heard the feedback, that it should of been?

As to the High ISO Test - why o why are people still messing with Master Pedestal...?

• Now VLog L included?!

The seller in Germany write VLog L was included. Any confirm?

• read the description for secret sauce. Pixel combing for anamorphic mode. Graded files.

Downloadable files. Have fun regrading!

• Want skilled? Look at this test at high, very high, ISOs. Leica 12-60

• I wander why Panasonic lets so many unskilled people play around and share footage from their new cameras before the release...

• Click on full screen then hit pause, look behind the bass player right above his head on the yellow wall of the building outside, between the two upper windows and tell me what you guys really really see!

• Another video just posted from ProAV TV who did the above video:

• look at loss of fatal highlight detail as ISO increases. Not great test as it was not under low light

• here some information about the sensor of the GH5 from a german Forum, who has collected these infos from different sources like interviews, videos etc.

• it is definitively another sensor as in the E-M1.2 and GH4 and another design
    • The high Iso Performance is supposed to be much better than in the GH4, there is talk about up to 2 stops (An ISO 6400 of the GH5 shall look like an ISO1600 of the GH4). Unfortunately there are no RAW pictures available at the moment to prove that.
    • RAWs will not be denoised by internal software
    • The design of the sensor leads to a faster read out that reduces the rolling shutter. The E-M1.2 Uses the brute-force approach with a lot of calculation effort. Panasonic says, that this will lead to more noise in the end, especially during video. This is the reason, whether decided, to design a totally new sensor. The rolling shutter also is not reduced by the software.
    • the debayering is not done on a 2x2 Field but on a 6x6 Field. This leads to truer colours and to less artefacts. If the RAWs have 14Bit Colourdepth is not clear.
    • all cameras that are tested at the moment have a beta firmware, which is optimized for video. This is why there are no or not many photos available yet.
    • FW 1.0 will be "conservative" That will not use the full potential of the prozessors/sensor yet. Only with future firmware updates, the full potential of the sensor will be used.
    • Updates for the photo abilities Are on the "internal" roadmap, but are not communicated yet. .
    • Higer framerates in serial picture mode are possible but may not be used due to the 4K/6K functions .
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev, unfortunately this is all I could find.

• @Eno

Do you have larger photos of both sides?

• GH5 internals.

45.jpg
    800 x 600 - 175K
    44.jpg
    800 x 600 - 180K
  • @endotoxic

Sorry man I don't understand a thing you are mumbling for few months now, maybe you need to go check it.

• The custom modelling option for these grips can be found at https://sugru.com/ - perfectly shaped towards your hand!

(Sugru-like material can be produced using a DYI process, too)

((I would not mind the grip option, by the way, as long as the camera attached to it does not look as ... grumpy? ... as the one the above grips have been made for))

• This thing I want to see in next GX and GH cameras