Personal View site logo
Rode VideoMic Pro+
  • 13 Replies sorted by
  • FYI Vitaliy:

"Sorry Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here."

...is what I see on my end.

• I changed video.

• Pro-audio brand RØDE Microphones is announcing a new addition to its best in market on-camera category - the VideoMic Pro+.

Announced at RØDEShow 2017, Freedman Electronics 50th anniversary celebration, the VideoMic Pro+ is set to prove that RØDE Microphones has yet again upped the game for the prosumer filmmaker.

Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system on board, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features:

• Automatic Power Function (subject to plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera
    • Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze and far less cumbersome than previous VideoMic models - plus it won't get lost.
    • Power options - the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB
    • Digital Switching - will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times. The Digital Switching includes:
      • 2-Stage High Pass Filter to reduce low frequencies such as rumble from traffic or air conditioning
      • 3-Stage Gain Control, with +20dB function – designed to improve audio quality on DSLR or mirrorless cameras
      • High Frequency Boost will boost high frequencies enhancing detail and clarity in the recording
      • Safety Channel to help ensure the signal does not clip when unexpected spikes occur

"The VideoMic Pro+ is a new benchmark in on-camera microphones," comments Damien Wilson, RØDE and Freedman Group CEO. "We have listened to our customers and are delivering the microphone they've asked for, with features such as the built-in battery door, automatic power function and included Lithium-Ion Battery."

The VideoMic Pro+ ships with a 3.5mm TRS Cable, LB-1 Lithioum-Ion Rechargeable Battery and includes RØDE's 10-year warranty and is now available at authorised RØDE dealers. For more information please visit: http://www.rode.com/microphones/videomicproplus

• Sweet. Time to upgrade my old Rode Stereo Videomic. That auto power function is well worth the switch.

• Now they just need to make a version with a headphone out for all the G7, G85, Sony A6x00 series users....