Personal View site logo
Lens tests on the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC)
  • 232 Replies sorted by
  • This is a really nice topic! I was wondering if somebody did test out the Cooke SK4's: 6mm, 9mm and the 12mm. I would love to know if those are covering the BMPCC (Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera) sensor. if somebody could share some footage that would be amazing.

• Hi! I´m buying a bmpcc, and I want two lenses. Thinking in voigtlander 17.5 mm and srl magic 12. I´m shooting a documentary that needs to keep small, i don´t want the camera to be very notorious. What do you think about the lenses choice? Thanks a lot

• If you want the camera to be very unobtrusive, why not try and find some of those Pentax Cosmical lenses? Take acre to get versions made for 1" sensors, since 2/3" versions don't cover the BMPCC.

They are cheap, light and small, with decent optical and mechanical quality. I have a 12.5, 16 and 25 – all of them f 1.4 or 1.8. They Voigt is in a different class for sure, but WO it's softer than those Cosmicars and 17.5 is often not wide enough for interiors. It acts like a 50mm plus on that small sensor, while the 12.5 is like a mild wide angle.

• I can´t find them in B&H... and I live in argentina... :( . Anyway thank you!!

• No, they are vintage and can only be found in second hand sources.

• Slow motion test with the BMPCC. Nikon 28mm prime with generic speedbooster and WA adapter:

• BMPCC + Sigma 18-35mm. Creative lighting test: