Anti-Trump Protests
  • 61 Replies sorted by
  • @tonalt

Yep, you need give him a chance:

John Bolton
    Trump will rebuild the military that has suffered under #Obama

This guys will fight for peace. :-)

@_OZ

Can you provide me any examples of protests where people did not understand that they clearly want to be done and where they had any positive outcome for them?

• If Hilary would have won, republicans would have been too busy working to have time to protest.

• Wait.. Trump has been elected president??!?

• Here's an outcome that I want, and I signed the petition - prevent electoral college from casting their ballots for trump:

http://bit.ly/2g3D9ot

Feel free to share with any US Citizen who feels Trump should not hold the office of president.

• Here's an outcome that I want, and I signed the petition - prevent electoral college from casting their ballots for trump.

You are serious?

• 100% serious. Maybe this won't work but this is the outcome I desire.

• "100% serious. Maybe this won't work but this is the outcome I desire."

The modern American left, folks.

• It is not about left or right, it is about having feelings and desires.

• Trump was one of the loudest Trumpeters of the "Birther" movement - trying to rage against Obama being elected, calling for a march on Washington, claiming Obama was not a US citizen to incite anger and potentially violence against him. Trump hired many vendors and failed to pay them contractually agreed on wages. Trump plans on removing safeguards on the environment to open drilling in US Lands. It's not just Trump who poses a problem - it's the Right Wing Agenda seeking to limit the social rights of the individual, cut taxes for the wealthy, cut regulations on Banks and other institutions which seek to harm the average citizen for their financial gain. These are some of the things I don't like about the possibility of a Trump regime. The only reason I bring up my desires is that it had been stated in this thread earlier that protesters don't know what they want or what they are protesting for. Well, I'm not out on the street right now, but I would say my protest is to prevent a man of what I consider poor character, and who has alliances with evil, if not actually evil himself from sending the US and potentially much of the world into a dark ages for the middle class / working class - who actually enabled his election. All I'm saying is - it's time to reject the electoral system or change it, and I'm open to shutting things down in order to take a revote or recount. I think under closer scrutiny, or If we did a second election cycle with same candidates outcome would be different. Popular vote has Hillary winning.

https://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clintons-popular-vote-victory-is-unprecedented-and-still-growing/

• @bannedindv

You are fully into it. Pain for me to see it.

No need to spend your time on puppets, they are actually same, just have different sex and agenda. Better read some smart people.

• Petitioning for the electoral college to not vote as they are instructed to do undermines the idea of a free election. If the election were based on the popular vote Trump would have campaigned differently to try to win the popular vote. Would he have? It doesn't matter because in America we choose our President by electoral college. Trump is going to our next President like it or not. At some point the protests will end and people will realize that the time to have protested in mass all over the country like now, was at the DNC and the person to lead the fight was Bernie, but he refused to stand up against corruption in his own party and that's when the election was lost.

• Person to lead the fight was Bernie, but he refused to stand up against corruption in his own party and that's when the election was lost.

Such statements reflect power of mass media propaganda.

Problem here is that it is not your logical founded though, it is that media told.

To be clear for filmmaker - you are very upset about main actor choice and think that due to this whole scenery will change. It won't. Maximum that can change is he'll jump and smile differently.

• @VK You saying we gotta flip the script on 'em?

• You saying we gotta flip the script on 'em?

No. I am saying that this guys are jumping in cinema seats demanding different ending for film they already saw many times. Looks stupid.

• Images in the video pretty nice photography-wise. But I gotta say it's pretty rich watching millennials protesting fascism while at the same time lamenting that Hillary Clinton lost the election. Talk about brainwash.

• But I gotta say it's pretty rich watching millennials protesting fascism while at the same lamenting that Hillary Clinton lost the election.

Use some words, always check definitions first, It is easy to throw them left and right, but understanding of real meaning is necessary.

• Just pointing at HRC's politics of merging corporate interests and centralized government. Granted - she is absolutely not a nationalist, rather the opposite.

• Just pointing at HRC's politics of merging corporate interests and centralized government.

You talk about basic quality of imperialism, had been all same since 19th century.

• Yes - agreed.

• The electoral college did its damn job. The vast majority of the area of the United States voted for Trump. Only small highly populated counties voted for Hillary. End of story.

It cracks me up to see these sheep protesting Trump, knowing that they would not protest Hillary who is truly NO BETTER. She gives the appearance of being better, but neither one are "for the people" in ways that truly matter to us. They throw us little bones here and their to get us to sing their praises, thats it. People are so damn stupid.

• The electoral college hasn't even voted yet.

Look at the popular vote.

Same thing happened in 2000 with Gore. 2000-2008 so much time and energy was wasted, that was a time that the world could have truly made progress in Energy, economy - instead the vacuum cleaner sucked money upwards while people thought they were getting what they wanted buying large gas guzzling SUVs, McMansions, which many then lost because they couldn't pay their unregulated loans. Credit is another form of indentured servitude. Vitaliy is absolutely right about owning means of production , etc. that is actually what has led to my success during and after economic recession of 2008. You can't blame the society for failing economically - you can only blame yourself for your failure to recognize reality and enact the change you need. And, recognize this - Politics is definitely about money. So, to be angry at someone for fundraising is ignorant. Based on what you were saying above Obama was a bad president. He wasn't perfect, but he was a damn good president.

• The popular vote doesnt really mean anything, especially when the large majority of the area of the USA voted otherwise. This is precisely why we have an electoral college. So small highly populated areas cannot dictate the state of the presidency.

• Oh... so you're saying:

"We want a candidate for the people!"

But wait, We don't want the people to elect their president because, well, the desires of the few in rural areas should count for multiple votes of people in densely populated areas, and that means that somehow people in less densely populated places should have more say because their ideology might be different, so their voice has to be louder, right ? Hahaha.

So, not literally for the people... just sort of whatever you decide to bend reality towards... the exact opposite of what you said earlier.

If democracy is "for the people", then it should be decided by vox populi.

• @joethepro Exactly. Trump won, end of story. Liberals, try again after 4 years.

• @bannedindv I'm not picking sides, just stating facts. You've interpreted it otherwise. But yes, with close to 50% of the population localized in 10% of the area of the USA, it would be a bit unfair to the rest of the populace in the other 90% to be left out to dry and not have their needs and wants met in the same manner.

More populated states do have much more electoral votes, and hence voting power, than the more sparsely populates states, anyway. Trump just won more of them because the DNC lost their minds this cycle.

I would be saying the same thing regardless of who won. Its just the way it is. If our country was the size of Germany or any other smaller country, the electoral college would not make sense. You should know this.