Personal View site logo
Panasonic G7 topic, 4K castrate monster or GH4 for poor
  • 719 Replies sorted by
  • Not sure if this applies? I have not used this software (requires a smartphone or tablet).

http://www.mirrorlessons.com/2016/04/15/gsimplerelease-review-focus-bracketing-app-panasonic-lumix-cameras/

• Anyway to use the 4K photo feature for focus stacking?

• Thanks IronFilm !

• @Bichon welcome to the forums Bichon! :)

• Hi guys, thanks for sharing my film :-) It was shot with the G7 and 12-35mm f2.8 & 42.5mm f1.7 lenses. Graded with Magic Bullet Looks in Premiere Pro CC. I would say that there are mainly IBIS and 4K 60i/s missing on that body (that we should see in the GH5).

• @fahrenheit there was an exploit?? Where?

edit: nvm, I googled & saw the YT vid how

• I wonder if this round of firmware updates (G7, GX8, TZ110) is to address the exploit allowing users to switch PAL/NTSC frequencies and remove 30 min 4k recording limits.

• V2.2 firmware

New functions are added in Fn button. The option "Wireless Setup(Flash)" has been added to [Setting in REC mod] on the [Fn Button Set] of [Custom] menu.
    The option "Wi-Fi" and "LVF/Monitor Switch" have been added to [Setting in PLAY mode] on the [Fn Button Set] of [Custom] menu.

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/index2.html

• Guys, just to stop this nonsense.

Please with all your "smart" service mode ideas use PM.

Why ideas are not smart? Because consequences are present. Such thing won't work soon if you will continue.

You can ask Samsung guys for just last months example, where almost same thing had been disabled even by company who does not care anymore even (and I know personally another 3 examples only in cameras, and much much more outside). Thanks for smart people in Samsung case hacks work anyway. But always think first.

• I'm doing an aliasing test next. I'm curious whether there is a difference--I'm definitely seeing some nasty stairstepping artifacts in the GX85 under certain conditions.

@DrDave
    Please post the results of that test!

@Vitaliy_Kiselev
    When will the G7 be in stock again at PV?

• It's a good deal, but no unlimited recording.....

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 16MP 4K UHD Camera with 14-140mm + 25mm F1.7 lens + $150 Gift Card, $998

http://www.adorama.com/ipcdmcg7bkg.html

• @tupp Takes pretty good photos, though....I guess if I had to buy another cam right now, I would probably wait for another G7, but not specifically for the video, I just prefer the grip, the extra dial, etc. I couldn't see a difference in the video but sometimes it depends on the scene.
    I'm doing an aliasing test next. I'm curious whether there is a difference--I'm definitely seeing some nasty stairstepping artifacts in the GX85 under certain conditions.

• @DrDave

Thanks for the tip on the GX85, but as you pointed out, the GX85 lacks some of the pro video features inherent in the G7.

There is no 0-255 range for video (or it is not adjustable), no CineD, and the viewfinder and general ergonomics are not as good as the G7.

• Just get the GX85, it's a great cam.

• I think that Personal View is currently "out of stock" in regards to the G7. So, it would be nice to know the hack.

• @monks19 get the Personal View G7 or get the GX85.

• Hi. Does anyone knows that if a hack have been found for the G7 to bypass the 30 men. recording limit ?

• Anyone find that the picture is slightly better at 30p vs 24p in 4K?

• however I think the Lumix GH4 always the best and that's why I just bought one too, who knows when it will be released the Lumix GH5.

• Depends on how wide it should be.. I use Samyang/Robinson 12mm/f2 and it's great. It's not fisheye but it's about 95 degrees wide. Great for video and stills too. And best of all its very affordable.

• Do you think that Panasonic will put to sale V LOG L for panasonic g7? It would be great By the way, I'm looking for a wide angle lens for my G7 (not very expensive). Any recommendations?

• Shot with the Panasonic G7 and the SLR MAGIC 12mm T 1.6 and Canon FD 50mm 1.8