Personal View site logo
Samsung NX1, $1300 4K flagman
  • 1157 Replies sorted by
  • The more I use this camera, the more I realize that you dudes were right. It's a great camera. Better than my GH4 and A7s ever were. It's a shame that Samsung pulled the rug out.

• It's a shame that Samsung pulled the rug out.

It is capitalism (c)

• It is shocking how Samsung just gave up on the NX1. I hope they sell their technology that will make great use of it and bring out more amazing cameras with it.

• I hope they sell their technology that will make great use of it and bring out more amazing cameras with it.

Their technology is tied to their production facilities. So, I think no one will buy it.

Most probably reason that NX1 become victim is horrible panic they had after not so good smartphones sales.

NX2 with 200Mbit 10Bit HEVC 4k60fps and 6k30fps could be amazing.

• If a company purchased the NX1 tech, I doubt they'd release the product we'd call the NX2 with out serious price hike, or they'd cripple it. Cant have the nx tech submitting their flagship sales.

Remember the Nikon rumor, I wouldn't buy a D500, after owning an NX1, and would definitely purchase the upgrade to the NX1, if it ever came to be.

• If a company purchased the NX1 tech, I doubt they'd release the product we'd call the NX2 with out serious price hike, or they'd cripple it. Cant have the nx tech submitting their flagship sales.

Again, no second Samsung exist. It is huge company. So, no one will make you NX2.

• Understood, what I was trying to say it, I doubt we'd ever see one either way.

• @Vitaliy_Kesselev would you take this camera with the new hack over a LS300 or Ursa Mini ?

• would you take this camera with the new hack over a LS300 or Ursa Mini ?

LOL. It is different cameras. Completely.

Hack has meaning only for high motion detailed 4K footage.

• LS300 has a good j-log - and ND filters. Otherwise the 4K quality and noise on the NX1 should be better (based on codec). Also, LS300 seems to have a clunky touchscreen. Though the variable prime feature and variable sensor size are neat. Ursa Mini goes to ISO 800 and then noise becomes an issue. I am wondering if the NX1 image would be comparable to either..

• Does the NX1 have any picture profile similar to the Panasonic GH4's CineLikeD? Any chance you could cut the two cameras footage together?

-From a current GH4 owner thinking about a 2nd 4k body.

• with the 120fps at 160mbps, its better to sell the gh4. :-( except all my lenses are m43

• The NX1 has a video profile called Gamma Dr. This is a little bit desaturated, maybe not far away from Cinelike D. The NX1 is unbelievable sharp and clean, but i struggle with colours.

Some users get really good results though:

• I remember this video from way back when. One of the reasons I purchased the NX1. I found that shooting the X-Rite color checker chart and doing automated color correction in Resolve helps get the closer looking correct, something that I struggle with if I try to do it all manually in Resolve.

• @zcream

with the 120fps at 160mbps, its better to sell the gh4

Except the NX1 camera can't do that...

• Except the NX1 camera can't do that...

What you mean? 160Mbit is from the hack.

• What you mean? 160Mbit is from the hack.

And while doing 120 FPS?

-No wonder the used NX1 prices have gone up in the last days.

• And while doing 120 FPS?

I do not have NX1, you need to check last hacks. Even if it is not so I am sure it'll be done soon.

• you can do 110Mbit at 120fps and 160Mbit at 100fps (PAL)

• Samsung NX 50-200mm f/4.0-5.6 OIS Zoom Camera Lens available for $195

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-50-200mm-4-0-5-6-Camera-Black/dp/B00CBTLDOK/

• I saw Voldemort's comparison of the NX-1 with the Canon 1DC. Way green. Has anyone seen a comparison of skin tones between the NX-1 and known-good performers such as the C100? A local shop has NX-1's sitting in their display case at list price. I was tempted (at a big discount of course), but Andrew's comparison scared me off.