Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, official topic
  • 3230 Replies sorted by
  • @MikeLinn

Silly comparison GH4-GH4R. No details or settings info. I think those cameras has onlu used different luminance settings.

• A hazy afternoon in Tel Aviv, anticipating the storm.
    Shot on a Lumix GH4 with a MC 3M-5CA 500mm lens, using a Speedbooster and the occasional 2X extender.
    Edited with FCPX. Music by me.

• My Irish summer (2015). Shot in 4k.

• @Odur

Living near the Oregon coast of the Pacific, I just can't believe the paucity of wave action ... I've NEVER seen our coast with only a teeny little white cap at a time, last 20 feet before shore ... we have stacks of them coming in year-round ... ;-)

Neil

• Vacation Video, GH4 UHD vlog 0/0/0/0, 12-32mm + 0.7 WA + Vari ND / 20mm f1.7 + Bolex Möller 8 19. Graded in Resolve using first light + Greenkill per roll and over all the ColorGHear vlog SOLID LUT + some Color Boosts up to the limit.

• @hellrazor

Beautiful colors ... wow.

Neil

• what does prevent the gh4 to record 10bit 422 on sd card? New sandisk SD cards are Rated at a Max. Read Speed: 280 MB/s and Max. Write Speed: 250 MB/s That should be enough for uncompressed 10bit right? are we gonna see this possible in a new firmware update? blackmagic video assist records 10bit 422 1080p 60fps on sd right?

• what does prevent the gh4 to record 10bit 422 on sd card?

LSI design prevents it, and firmware.

• thanks @Vitaliy_Kiselev for the quick reply, sorry for asking, what s LSI? do you think it will be possible to do so with a firmware update or it's a limitation of the hardware?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev super cool man, thanks... i guess hardware might be the problem too then..pity, gotta get a blackmagic assist..

• Sadly in the corner sits your parrot Flaubert.
    He says, "jamais" crying in French.
    (Alexander Vertinsky)

A short film exercise, testing V-Log -L on the GH4.
    Featuring Alona K.
    Shot and Edited by Izhar Ashdot.
    Music: Theme from "Weeping Suzannah" by Izhar Ashdot
    Edited on FCPX, graded with FilmConvert.

• Commercial for KM Novosibirsk. In this project I was DOP and the operator in some shots :). It was fun. Shot with the gh4, DJI Ronin, set of cine lenses Samyang and nikkor 50 1.2 ais, benro tripod, crane, 3x Dedolight Felloni. Сuts in Premiere, colorgrading Magic Bullit, Davinci .

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Mirrorless Digital Camera Body Black

$879

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331675629579

• Wow. $879 for a GH4. Very tempting! I'm still using my old GH3 and saving $$ for an eventual GH5. But...I've rented the GH4 before and I know what I'm missing. 4k as source material allows such great flexibility in delivering stabilized and even zoomed, crisp 1080p! I've been tempted by the G7 before, but now, $879 for a GH4! Wow.

I've never seen a GH4 this low priced. I doubt it will ever be so low until after the GH5 is released, which...probably won't be out tilll, when? Late 2016?

These are selling fast on this e-bay site. 236 sold already. Seems like a fantastic bargain.

Does anyone have any speculation if the GH4 will ever sell for less? This price is so tempting!!!

• Damn, and I just bought the G7. Oh well. Need to learn the G7 first anyways, maybe by then, GH5 will come along.

• The price just rose from $879 to $999 at the ebay site noted above by Mike Linn:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331675629579

They sold 261 before the price rise.

• The first cold weather here. Panasonic GH4 @ Cinelike D.

• Seen by someone living in mediterranean clime, those are gorgeous images! I don't get anything like that over here.