Personal View site logo
Personal View FOTGA Monthly Contest
  • Welcome to our next contest.

We continue good tradition to make contests on PV.

Terms

1. You can submit one photo and one video per month, made by you personally using any camera. Just post it in this topic.
    2. Photos of landscapes, flowers, kittens and dogs are accepted, people, especially portraits, and famous buildings must be absent.
    3. Only beautiful "moving slideshows" are accepted (look at photos list for kinds). You dreamed about this day to come, right?
    4. Maximum video length - 15 seconds. It is advised to do not have any cut points at all, camera movement must be absent or be smooth.
    5. Clip must reside on vimeo or youtube video hostings and must have "personal-view contest" text and link to contest page (for one month time).
    6. Photo must reside on Flickr with same text in photo description, size in post no more than 800px width.
    7. Only photos and videos made during contest month are accepted, no old stuff.
    8. Videos will have some priority over photos (we are video oriented community :-) ) Best is to have both.
    9. If you use music, make sure you do it properly and do not break some copyright.

Winner will be selected each month by me personally (VK), announced and prizes sent during next month.

Public monthly prize will go to the maker of video/photo causing most prizes and discussions from members.

1st prize

Filters set consisting from

• Fotga Pro1-D UV filter
    • Fotga Pro1-D CPL filter
    • Forga Slim Fader ND
    • Set of ND2, ND4 and ND8 filters
    • All filters come in soft pouches
    • Winner can choose preferred size of filter set (up to 77mm)

Public prize

• Include all the above except three ND filters.

• 51 Replies sorted by
  • I'll post update soon and will contact winner. Sorry for so big delay due to being busy.

• @hini

Terms are in first post, let me know that is not clear.

• @vitaly for me it was little difficult find out what you really want. Think I made mistake. Video too long. Don´t give up. Next time will be better.

• Will have good pretty moving slideshow entry for january :)

• Sorry for delays.

I'll post winner among October, November and December.

It is sad to have so few entries.

• Thanks Adam, it is shot like that, I was experimenting with overexposing the sky, and since the spaces between leaves are like small holes, light sort of leaks thru on the edges.

• I received the filters :) thanks for contest! Im particulary interested to see how the non-variable nd perform compared to variable ones on long lenses! image

I like the colors and movement of Inqb8tr. Did you use make soft highlights with a grading effect?

WP_20151204_11_54_38_Pro.jpg
    800 x 406 - 183K
  • Thanks for entries, guys.

Hope we'll have even more soon.

• The video is Hasankeyf in Kurdistan. Hasankeyf is a 10 000 year old town at the banks of river tigris in northern Mesopotamia region. There is a bridge over the river from the old silk road. From next year on the nearly finished ILISU Dam Project will set the whole valley under water. The country is divided by hundreds of hydroelectrics. People say it is to destroy the rural kurdish culture or to set the thousands of old traditional caves under water so no terrorists can hide inside. LX100. 1080p downsampled from 4k

• My small contribution to this contest.

• I am forced to prolong this month contest (also will post in this week winner for October) as we have very few entries.

• @Fool4UAnyway - That's not the cemetery in Sczcecin, Poland, is it? It looks really familiar!

• Short and simple, that's fall!

• Note - we have only few days left. And it is so easy to make good entry for this contest!

• Good example of that is expected

• Thanks for the contest VK!

• @Adam_Mercier is September winner.

Want to emphasize idea - I like to have video like picture, but living one. Not usual short edited video.

• October has passes indeed! Thanks for the explanation VK. I am a little slow sometimes. So here is a November entry. No grading or correction shot GH4 Natural all 0s. Sun was in and out so I set white balance on cloudy. I think it looks a little too warm but I decided to post it as it came from the camera. Only change was making the first scene go black-and-white.

• So no winner for September?

Will post tomorrow, do not worry.

• So no winner for September?

• October passed, huh.