Personal View site logo
The End NR4 - Stable - High - Intra - GH2 Patches - 03/28/2015 - by Apefos
  • 125 Replies sorted by
  • @dj5500 thanks for showing us this nice video. I am happy you did good job using the end nr4.

@producer nice images also. Can you upload your patch version? maybe the sharp_05 matrix in gop2 can be useful for other people.

• @apefos: I'm not sure if I understand... All your patches are uploaded here by you, why do you need me to do it? Please, explain...

• You did a mix using sharp_05 and pinwheel.

• Hmm, I haven't mixed anything, should I?

Ok, that's the patch below as I use it ("GRIND GRID PINWHEEL V2D HIGH 120 GOP 2-2-2-2-2" SHARP_05 by apefos + 100Mbps GH2 MJPEG Low-Light Anamorphic Patch + Pasadena Audio).

I only added and mixed it with the other two patches - anamorphic and audio.

setd.ini
  • With the same patch:

• Here is the "The End Sharp_05" Stable and Intra versions, please read the yellow box in PTool (mouse over the patch letter) for more information.

Compare them with the patches in the zip file in this post: http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/194204#Comment_194204

sharp-05_stable_intra.zip
  • Hi @apefos, please, can you update on what's new in this 05 version? Thanks!

• The noise is different, try both and perceive the difference in noise in light areas and shadow areas.

• Ok, thanks! I'll try it.

• okay, i see a lot of apefos patches, even in other threads...i am a bit lost.

I have Transcend Class 10 64GB card....so gurantieed write speed is 10MB/s.....that is 80Mbits.

Which patch do you recommend for HBR PAL user for below 80Mbits usage?

• There are two patches which are the best ones for 24p and 60p: "The End NR4 Stable" and "The End NR4 Intra 120"

for slow cards and for more stable recording in 720p the Stable version is better.

for digital cinema package without any mud in 24p the intra 120 version is recommended.

HBR can be a specific situation in which the high 104 or the gop2 can be considered also, but I do not know the best patch for it, you need to try the patches in the "the end nr4 zip file" to perceive the best for you. the latest zip file is here: http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/194204#Comment_194204

Please read the yellow box in PTool to see all features in each patch (mouse over patch letter).

• hi apefos, thank yo for the response.

i am just an average user who seeks for a bit of improvement over stock firmware....i am not a fan of 720p, because all devices my family has are 1080, even cell phones.

Since i am in EU/PAL , i am only interested in 1080p 25fps for Class 10 Card....this is why i cant figure out which patch is more recommended for these specifics.....25fps is important because electric grid is on 50Hz/fps

• inside the zip file of "The End NR4" you will find different patches, with different gop settings (group of frames) and different datarates, you can select the best option for you. For people who just want to improve quality and do not want to be in the bleeding edge it is better to use the "STABLE" version because it is stable in all recording modes, I believe you will be happy with it for HBR PAL. I am currently using it, I will change for the Intra 120 only if someday I need to do DCP. The Intra 120 is completely stable in 24p, in 720p with manual focus lenses in adapters it is stable also without electronic features, the intra 120 goes to the limits and is ok for fast cards.

• @dado023 25p isn't the best mode for GH2, and it's interlaced. The best mode for quality is 24p. I've used Valkyrie patch on 25p HBR mode with success when I needed it, but nothing beat the 24p mode quality.

As apefos has pointed out, his patch on 25p HBR mode will probably fit your needs :)

• For people who likes the best possible image quality, compare the patches you like most in the video editing software using 400% zoom in timeline, advance the image frame by frame seeing shadow areas and light areas, also see it in slow motion in 50% speed, this will show you all the noise and texture from each patch and then you can perceive the best patch for your taste to get the max out from your gh2. The End NR4 Intra 120 and Sharp_05 Intra 120 are good candidates for this kind of test.

• i am afraid i am not sure what gop are.......i hope stable will be ok for my Class 10 card in HBR PAL mode.

@icp indeed, 24p at same bitrate should be better than 25p, because of simple reason, more data/information per frame, right?

Also, is 25p really interlaced....are you sure? beacuse i have red on other threads that patch makes it progressive in interlaced video file, so actually it is 1080p video content inside....i could be wrong, now i am not sure either..... @apefos ....would you pitch in please; is it interlaced or progressive?

• It works this way: the sensor output is progressive in 25p, the recording in card is interlaced 50i, so you will have a progressive footage wrapped inside an interlaced container. You can edit it as progressive and no problem. You can also interpret footage as 25p in editing software and it is done.

In the patches I developed the gop tables for hbr are improved considering the wrapped container for best results.

The End NR4 STABLE will be ok for your card and ok for pal hbr. Remember to format your card in camera before start recording, this helps a lot. And also tell us if it is working for you, so other people can learn from your tests.

• @apefos

thank you or the HBR clarification. When reading your older posts, you claimed only G ini file was tested and stable....but i find seta.ini in the zip as stable.....confused a bit.....

As you recommended, i am looking into latest zip file in here: http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/194204#Comment_194204

See picture below, .....just before i do anything, please confirm, this is the right patch/ini.file for Class 10 card: http://i.imgur.com/mPjhtOj.png

I am hoping for normal operation, as without hack, just with better quality :)

2015-10-06_18-05-43.png
    946 x 450 - 95K
  • in the development process sometimes the letter for ini file changes

your png image is correct, in the latest zip the "stable" is the seta

to simplify things, the most important patches are seta and sete, seta is the stable, and sete is the intra for 24p

• Hello guys, greetings from Brazil.

@apefos, first of all, I would like to congratulate you and our comrades for all the efforts to keep our wonderful GH2 alive. Even having a Nikon D750 with powerful lenses, I still love my GH2 for videos, not only for the quality, but also for the light weight kit, especially when paired with my Panny 20 1.7.

I use a Sandisk 64 GB 95mb/s card and my idea is to use the GH2 to record videos from my vacation. Even after reading the posts and dowloading the NR4 patches, I still have a doubt on which one to use. The idea is to get the clearest, sharpest and noiseless patch, no matter the size of the archive. I will use it during the day and night times, so ISO performance is an important issue as well.

Thanks in advance!

• The End NR4 intra 120 is for you (sete)

• Thanks brother, I will load it!

• Remember this: The End NR4 Intra 120 works in the maximum limit of datarate. It is stable for 24p, but in 720p you need to disable the auto electronic features from camera and lenses. Please, read the first post in this topic to understand the auto electronic features. Format the card in camera before start recording.

• Got it. My idea is basically stick to 24p anyway.

• @driftwood are these really works?? noise reduction in gh2?? will you examine these patches and come up with MOON T10 noise less patch?? :P