Personal View site logo
Just for fun...British gritty realist Ken Loach makes Star Wars, here's the trailer...
  • 7 Replies sorted by
  • :-) shades of monty python

• @babypanda well that'll do nicely! Thank you.

• pity my Scots isn't quite up to the task, despite a year spent in Edinburgh....please consider subtitles, there's certain turns of the phrase we non-natives have a hard time following; yeah, definitely a campier monty python :)

• @radikalfilm thanks, the Scots wouldn't help because it's the north of England! Nearer full monty land. Easier to understand if you're native for sure! Check out Kes on YouTube for the reference film.

• @radicalfilm Thanks for the suggestion, we added subtitles. Its interesting, never wrote or directed anything before that I thought would suffer from the Anglo-American English divide! Proves no matter how many Starbucks or Macdonalds we buy we're still not - quite - the same country!

• it's quite funny. have you considered extending it to other movies? there's a series on youtube that did sort of a spoof on star wars (very different from your film), but they also did a bunch of other films. warning: American English!

• @Babypanda Thanks, has gone down very well in the UK. Not quite sure what we'll do next, they're a comedy acting duo, both very TV busy and I am freelance doing this that and the other. I think if we do something together again it will probably be very different but we'll have to see.