Personal View site logo
GH5 Panasonic camera, from anticipation to love or hate
  • 2083 Replies sorted by
  • The most important feature will be 4k 60P. No new Sony has it.

• Sony has put the things difficult for other manufacturers after A7S and A7RII (we make the idea that A7SII would be something extraordinary), although I have a GH2 and GX7 (two great cameras), with the budget would pass the GH4 and go to the A7S; Full Frame sensor, S-Log 2, stratospheric sensitivity what very nice for my night still. Panasonic need make some very spectacular with GH5, Panasonic require an argument to continue to maintain their buyers happy as it has done in the past. Although Panasonic seem to hear the consumer lately.

• I think Sony has sent everyone back to the drawing boards with it's latest releases, but I still think there are areas that can be improved on.

I'd like to see an even more video oriented GH. While we are dreaming why not,...

1. Modular and stackable as a cohesive unit, not so much of a kludge the YAGH brick is, even though I think the brick had the right idea. SDI, USB3, HDMI, XLR jacks, Battery Pack, Raw or at least10 bit SSD VideoRecorder, LANC, wifi router with antenna for streaming/monitoring etc,... These add ons can be stacked or not used at all if you want to go light. I should do a 3D render mockup of what i have in my head here. I think it would look fantastic.

2. New sensor tech with 2.0 crop or better for every resolution. I really miss the 1.8# crop of the GH2.

3. Super Slow-mo modes in 1080p with at least 60fps 4k

4. Clean 6400ISO.

That's it.

• Let's just make list of necessary improvements and ask if Panasonic can make them themselves:

1. Stacked m43 sensor with further reduced resolution (around 10-12k), fully oriented to video.
    2. New LSI with H.265 60fps 10 bit compression support and support for high speed DDR4 ram
    3. New OLED EVF with improved resolution
    4. New OLED screen with 1280x800 resolution
    5. Double USB 3.1 type C ports (LSI part)
    6. HDMI 2.1 support (LSI part)
    7. Improved audio part (allowing to use one USB 3.1 port for digital connection)
    8. Support for usage of USB for syncing of up to 20 cameras (for VR projects)
    9. Double SD slots with support of last UHS cards

Let's now look on that Panasonic can do by themselves

1. Nope, need another company.
    2. Possible, but Panasonic lack most money from compacts they had previously to finance it
    3. Nope, need another company
    4. Nope, need another company
    5. Issues with lack of grey cells in management heads
    6. Possible, see point 2.
    7. Issues with lack of grey cells in management heads
    8. Issues with lack of grey cells in management heads
    9. Issues with lack of grey cells in management heads

Sounds optimistic?

• I'd guess Feb 2016. -4K 60p -6K 30p and down -1080 120fps

• Will the new included software burn 4k to the new BlueRay format disc?

• Sorry lol, No pink, but you can get a pink camera bag and dye your cat pink.

We used to have a pink poddle near us that you could see from the 101 Freeway.

Yes, it will shoot the best cat video, if you put it in stealth mode.

• lol 21 questions. Will it come in pink? Is it gonna shoot the best cat video?